Ch.12 A Snowflake and Teeth

A/N: So, I have another story out and it's called Error and I would love it if you read the prologue of it! It's going to be a little story for me to work on when I finish this one :) Alrighty then, enjoy le chappie ;D

Ch.12 A Snowflake and Teeth

Baby Tooth saw Jack...son? and her eyes lit up. She started chattering in Tooth language. When she got closer to Jack, he turned back into Jackson, apparently. I don't know! It was very confusing. Now he looked like regular Jackson, white hair and all.

Baby Tooth hovered in front of his face, but Jack pretended that he didn't see her. "So long, Thea." He walked straight ahead and bumped Baby Tooth as he walked past. She looked confused and a little ticked that he didn't acknowledge her.

She turned around and made an angry noise at him, then turned in my direction. Her eyes grew wide and she started to fly away. "Wait! Baby Tooth!" I called out. I chased after her, even though I knew I couldn't chase a fairy and catch her. As I thought about that, a little cage made out of dark sand suddenly ensnared her. I gasped as the cage set itself on fire and fell to the ground.

Baby Tooth shrieked this horrible scream that any nonbeliever would even hear.

"Oh, jeez!" I ran up to the burning cage and knelt beside it. I blew on it, attempting to put the flames out. It felt weird. Then I realized, I was blowing frost out! I stopped because the flames were gone and because I was shocked.

Baby Tooth stared up at me in shock too, her arms around her to keep her warm. "Baby Tooth?" She turned her head to the side as if to say 'What?' "Why are you here?" She turned away from me as if to say, 'My lips are sealed.' "C'mon. You can tell me."

She shook her head and walked up to the edge of the cage. She knocked on it with her tiny fist. "Ah, ah, ah!" I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes at her. "You have to tell me why you're here and I'll let you go. Is that fair?" Baby Tooth nodded reluctantly. "Ok, so go ahead and tell me than!" I picked up the cage and stood up. I held it eye level to see better. She pantomimed that she was writing.

I put her down carefully, dug around for some spare paper and a really sharpened down pencil. The worn down pencil was hard to find because it was only the second day of school. I handed her the pencil through the bars and tried to push the paper through too, but she shook her head no, so I set it down in front of her.

Baby Tooth started to write in mid air. After she seemed done with a word, it appeared onto the paper. It took her a while to write it, but finally she was done. The paper read:

I'm supposed to deliver a little package to you from the Guardians. No one was brave enough to face Pitch, not even North, so they sent me. I didn't like it either, but how else would we get it to you? Now you have to let me go like you said you would, or else Tooth will come after you herself, with or without Pitch protecting you.

I looked up from the note. "Of course I'll let you go. I don't even know what I'd do with you even if I kept you." I reached for the cage door. It was so cold, that it felt like it was burning. Or was it really burning? I opened the cage up and Baby Tooth zoomed out.

Out of no where, she produced a tiny package. I picked it up and looked at it. Baby Tooth gestured for me to open it. I reached inside the little envelope and pulled out a beautiful necklace. It was on a glass chain (is that even possible?) and at one end, there was a shimmering glass snowflake. The whole necklace looked like it was made out of ice.

"Jack." I sighed and examined the necklace closer. Baby Tooth's eyes lit up when I said his name. she nodded excitedly and pointed at the necklace, "Did he make this?" She nodded and smiled. "But, why?" Wasn't he injured? He probably has two cracked ribs from Bunnymund and is healing. Baby Tooth shrugged. Her face read 'I wasn't in on it.'