Chapter 13, Trial 6: Mirror Images

The more we continued walking, the more we started moving towards our next trial.

Once that small, dark path was behind us, I noticed that the new trial we should've been on was very familiar.

Why was it familiar?

It was our own neighborhood.

I looked around as I tried to make sense of everything. Why was it our own neighborhood?

Wait...

Maybe the next trial was in our neighborhood. Either that or it was something else that was wrong with our neighborhood.

The more I walked around, the more I got confused. Everything looked the same as it should've been.

No houses looked different. No houses were moved to different locations. Every house was where it should've been and where it originally was.

Nothing was outta place.

I started to run as I tried to find what could've been missing, what could've been different.

But I found nothing.

I stopped running after a while and remembered that my sister should've been behind me. When I turned around, she was walking towards me, but she looked exhausted.

"Aaron....what was.....that all about? Couldn't you...have...told me before you....ran off like that?" She asked as she bent over and started to pant.

"S-Sorry. I was just trying to find out if there was something wrong in this neighborhood." I responded, but my sister just continued to catch her breath.

I turned around as I started to look for something that could've looked slightly different than before.

But again, just like earlier, everything looked the same like how it normally was.

"There's gotta be something that's different. I probably just haven't found it yet. But if something IS different, we gotta keep moving!" I thought as I looked around and then looked at my sister.

She had finally straightened herself up, but I could tell she had just gotten into that position.

Sorry about what I'm gonna do next, sis, but we just gotta look and see if anything looks different.

I walked over to my sister and grabbed her wrist.

"Do you think you'll be able to run a far distance?" I asked her as she gave me a confused look.

"Well, that depends on where we're running to." She said.

"How about running around and seeing if we can find our house?" I asked her.

"Okay, but try not to go too fa-AARON!" Piper screamed as I started to run and didn't even give her a chance to finish her sentence.

Heh heh....uh...sorry, Piper.

We ran all the way around the neighborhood. Once we got to the end of it, we noticed our house and I let go of my sister's wrist.

But before we could do anything, we had to catch our breath. That was a long distance, man!

Once I finally thought I regained enough energy, I gave my sister a look, only to see that she was staring at the house.

"Are you ready? Caught your breath this time?"

My sister turned her attention to me and nodded.

"Yeah. I'm ready." She said as she turned back to the house.