Chapter 10: Aaron's Alone

When I looked back at the mirror, Tommy was smiling at me and waving.

I smiled at him, watching as he disappeared shortly after my wave.

The glass of the mirror looked like it wasn't even broken. There weren't even any pieces of glass around me on the floor.

I placed a hand to my forehead.

Now what? Help Aaron?
THROUGHOUT PIPER'S TRIAL-Aaron's POV
I ran through the hallways as I tried to figure out what to do. Ghosts were swarming around me, creating cold drafts and chilling me to the bone.

I crossed my arms tightly around my chest as I tried to keep warm. I ran through the house, trying to find anything that would get me out of this mess.

But the transparent ghosts flying around me made it hard to see sometimes.

I stopped running and closed my eyes for a second.

"On three! One...." I thought.

"Two..."

"Three!"

I opened my eyes and ran through the ghosts as fast as I could. I didn't stop until I reached the end of the hallway.

Once I reached the end of the hallway, I turned around and noticed the ghosts. They were in the middle of the hallway.

They looked confused as they swirled around where I should have been. Swirled around air.

They didn't realize I was gone.

When they finally noticed I was gone, they stopped swirling around nothing and noticed me instead. The ghosts separated into four ghosts, floated next to each other, and stared at me.

Actually, it was always four ghosts. They were just swirling around me so I couldn't tell.

"You have escaped us..." One of the ghosts said. The one on the far left side.

"But you will not escape us again..." Said the one on the far right.

"Let's get 'im, guys!" Said the one in the middle.

With that said, all four ghosts immediately started flying towards me.

I turned around and took off running.

I ran down the stairs, being careful not to trip, but still running-or at least walking-as fast as I could.

I ran around the house as I tried to find a place to hide. I was planning on hiding for a bit so I could think of a plan to destroy them.

Okay, that sounded dark. What I meant was I was gonna make them disappear.

Maybe I had to suck them into something, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to find a vacuum. I'll just walk around the house once they're out of my sight and try to get them to disappear one by one.

If I could even distract each of them, of course.

I finally found a table that I could hide under. I know, I know; you're probably saying that I shouldn't be hiding under a table.

Well, it was my best bet at the moment, and there was no way I was gonna let those ghosts swarm around me again.

I dove under the table and tried to keep still. I tried to quiet down my breathing.

Luckily for me, the cloth was actually pretty long so the ghosts shouldn't be able to see me under here.

And it's not like they could lift up the table cloth anyway.