Chapter 12: Almost There

Aaron's POV
"How's your ankle?" I asked Piper as we walked side by side through another small, dirt road path.

"It's just fine. It doesn't even hurt anymore." She said.

"That's great!" I said with a smile as I looked at her.

Piper smiled back at me. I yawned.

"Are you tired?" Piper asked.

"A little bit." I said as I looked straight ahead.

Piper started looking around.

"Well, I guess we could take a rest for a little. Lily didn't say we couldn't." Piper said.

I yawned again as I walked towards a slighter grassier area.

"Yeah, I guess we could. I don't remember Lily saying we couldn't take naps." I said as I took my brown jacket off and laid it on the ground.

And yes, I was gonna use it as a pillow.

"I basically just said that." Piper said as she sat down next to me.

I yawned again.

"Ah...sorry. I'm just really tired."

"It's okay. I am too." Piper said as she started to lay down, but next to me and with her hands folded behind her head.

Before I knew it, I had closed my eyes and I was soon asleep.
IN AARON'S DREAM
I was back in that graveyard again. You know the one I mean, right? The graveyard with James in it.

But it wasn't as foggy as before. The fog was now surrounding my feet and the ground. That was it.

"At least it's not as foggy as before, but why am I here again? This is a dream, right?" I muttered as I looked around.

"Yes. Don't worry, Aaron-it's all a dream." Said a familiar voice.

I looked behind me to see Lily sitting nonchalantly on a tombstone. She was smiling at me.

"Lily? What are you doing here?" I asked as I took a step towards her.

"Take a wild guess, Aaron. We're both in a graveyard."

"Yeah, I know that." I said.

"And I'm sitting on a tombstone." Lily said.

I think I was starting to get what she meant, but I still wasn't entirely sure. It was possible that she was also just tired and needed to sit on something.

We've all been there.

But wait....the last thing I remembered was that Piper and I were going to sleep. This had to be a dream.

"And this is a dream?" I asked.

Lily smiled and got off her tombstone.

"Yes, aaannnndddd...." Her voice trailed off as she looked at me. She must've been waiting for me to finish it.

"And...you're dead, aren't you?" I asked.

Lily nodded.

"Yup." She said.

I started looking around the graveyard.

"Alright, so what's up with this dream? Why am I here?" I asked as I looked back at her and gave her a confused shrug.

"It's all because of me." Lily said.

I raised a brow.

"Huh? All because of you? What's that mean?" I asked.

"It means that I'm dead, silly. I'm in this dream with you because I wanted to tell you this." She said with a chuckle.

"Oh...I see." I said.