Chapter 4: Outside Of the Trials

3rd person POV
Aaron and Piper's parents were sitting in their living room, cozied up and watching a scary movie while sitting side by side on their couch and a large, blue blanket over them.

"Hey, what time is it?" Aaron's Mom, Amy, asked as she looked at her husband, whose name is Otto.

"It just turned eleven o' clock." Otto said as he took a quick glance at his phone.

"Hhhmm....what time do you think Aaron and Piper will come home?" Amy asked as she turned back to the TV.

"I'm not sure, but I'm assuming they'll come home somewhere around twelve or before that. Let's just stay up until then." Otto said as he put an arm around Amy's shoulder.

"Yeah. I think that's our best bet."

And then Amy sighed and looked out of the window.

"Hey, Otto.....isn't there some weird story told every Halloween that has to be passed on?" Amy asked as she narrowed her eyes, still looking outside.

"You mean that one about the trials?" Otto asked as he paused the movie on the TV.

"Yeah, exactly that one." Amy said.

"Yeah, I know that one. Why do you ask?"

"What if someone told Aaron and Piper about it?" Amy asked as she finally turned her head towards her husband.

"Whaddaya mean?" Otto asked.

"I mean, what if Aaron and Piper are out there trying to complete trials? What if they don't come home until much later?" Amy asked.

Otto shrugged.

"I guess we'll just have to hope for the best, Amy. Or we can just pray for them and stay up until they get home." He replied as Amy sat back down next to him.

Amy looked out the window once more.

"Do you know the ghost of the graveyard?" Amy asked as she looked at Otto.

"Yeah, I think I do. Why?"

"What if Amy and Piper are fighting him right now? He's not alone." Amy said.

Otto sighed as he played the movie that had been paused on the TV.

"The kids can fend for themselves. I think they'll be just fine." Otto said as he took a quick glance at Amy and then turned his head to the TV.

"Yeah...." Amy muttered as she started watching the movie on the TV again.

"They'll figure something out." She said as she focused on the movie.
**********
Lily was walking along the road with her little sister, holding her hand and taking her up to every house they could go to. Nothing bad had happened to her so far, such as randomly fainting on the road or anything alarming like that.

"Thank you!" Lily's little sister said as she looked up at the man who had dropped candy into her Halloween bucket. He closed the door with a smile.

Lily took her little sister's hand as they walked down the man's porch steps.

"So where are we going to now?" Lily's little sister asked as she looked up at her big sister with a smile.

Lily looked back at her with a smile.

"I'm not sure. We could go to some more houses or just take a walk." Lily replied.

"But aren't we already taking a walk?" Lily's sister asked as a confused expression made its way onto her face.

"Hhhmmm....maybe. I never thought of it like that." Lily said as she bent down to her little sister's height.

"But we could also go see what everyone else is wearing." She said, watching her sister smile.