Chapter 9: Piper's Fight

Piper's POV
Aaron turned around to see the ghosts behind him.

But once he did that, the ghost boy dragged me further away from him, until eventually I could no longer see him.

He eventually let me go. When he did, I fell to the floor and stared up at him.

"Why are you doing this? What did you mean when you said playmate?"

The boy held his arms behind his back, smiled, and leaned down.

"I haven't played with anyone in years. I'll get you back to your brother, so don't worry."

"But when?"

"After this."

"After what?"

The boy straightened himself up, took his arms out from behind his back, and sat down.

He gave me a toy truck. It was small, as it was big enough to fit into someone's hand. It was also yellow with small black wheels, had a small door on both sides of it, a "window" on both doors, and a windshield on the front. It also had a red bed on the back of it.

And no, I don't mean an actual red bed. The back of the truck is what I meant.

I just stared at the toy truck and raised a brow in confusion. I thought I had to fight this kid, not play trucks with him.

Actually, no, I worded that wrong. Aaron and I both had to fight whatever came our way in order to progress and eventually go back home.

This had to be a trick. It just had to be.

What would he do if I actually did play with him? Knock me unconscious while I was distracted?

I wasn't taking any chances.

I stood up and the boy watched me, still holding onto the truck he wanted me to play with. He looked confused as I now stood up in front of it.

"I can't play with you. I'm supposed to fight you, not play with you." I said as I glared at him.

The boy looked sad. He slowly lowered his arm and placed his toy truck behind him.

I started to regret being so mean to him, so I bent down to his level and made eye contact so he knew I was being sincere.

"Look here, kid. I'm sorry. Maybe you really do want to play with me. Who am I to say you're tricking me? But the only reason I refused was because I don't trust y-" I was cut off when the boy punched me right in the chin, causing me to lose my balance and fall onto the floor behind me.

"That little jerk! I was trying to be nice and I got socked in the chin instead! So I guess he was tricking me!" I thought as I looked up at him as he got closer to me.

"Wait a minute. Get up!" I thought as I scrambled to my feet.

He tried to kick me down, but I dodged it right in time.

I started backing up as he walked closer to me.

"All I really wanted to do was play with you, but I guess I have to tell you the truth. You were right. I DID have to fight you at some point, so why not initiate it when you had your guard down?" He said as he walked closer to me.

"You little trickster!" I said as I glared at him.

He shrugged and smiled.

"Well, you'd have to fight me at some point like I said, so I thought it was best to do it now."

"Yeah, I can see that..." I muttered.

"Okay, you've gotta think of how to fight him. He's touchable here, but he seems pretty smart. Gotta think of how to catch him off guard..." I thought as I looked around the black void that I had no idea if I could call it a room or even the inside of a mirror, despite actually being in a mirror.