Ch. 54 "Baby Got Back"

Chapter 54

"I do."

"It is my privilege by the authority vested in me to pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Laura and my dad walk down the isle hand-in-hand. They both look so happy, which is the main reason for my tears.

Trent is crying in front of me, watching the two walk down the isle. I step down from the platform and walk towards Kyle, who had a front row seat right next to Joey. Kyle swipes his thumb under my eye to wipe away the tears that had formed throughout the ceremony.

I can see that he is crying too, which surprises me just slightly. He did cry during the proposal of this seasons bachelor after all.

After the ceremony, we had the wonderful reception. Yes, I did plan the ceremony and the reception as the role of the maid of honor. It's being held at a nearby country club that my dearest boyfriend helped pay for.

Laura didn't want it to be as extravagant as I made it, but I know she's loving it. It's her big day, one that she's been deserving of from the day Trent's birth dad left them.

The crowd migrates into a separate room for the reception. Luke decided that his band was ready, and I had to let them have their first gig after everything he has done for me. I'm just hoping he keeps things appropriate.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?" Kyle asks as we walk over to the stage to check up on Luke and his bandmates.

"About ten times," I laugh, running a hand through his hair.

"Not enough!" he declares dramatically.

I shake my head in laughter and intertwine our hands. "Oh my gosh, Kyle! Is that who I think it is?"

Kyle gasps, "could it be? The Luke Hart?"

I run over to him on the stage. "Babe, get my picture with him! Oh my gosh! Can you sign my boob?"

"Honey, stay calm," Kyle says seriously. "It's only Luke Edward Hart who was born on July 5th, 1997 at 8:34 in the morning. We only have like fifty posters of him shirtless in our apartment."

"Ha," Luke laughs sarcastically. "You two are so damn hilarious."

I lean against Kyle's chest and pat Luke's thigh. "We already knew that."

He rolls his eyes and continues to tune his guitar. Kyle sits next to him on the stage, swinging his legs back-and-forth. One of the band members walks over and starts talking to the both of them.

I smile and look around at the room. Laura has a pretty large family. I mean, her mom had ten children. My dad just has his sister. I invited my mom's side of the family as well. Proving to be the supportive people I know and love, they came without one frown.

"Please welcome our newlyweds, Mr. & Mrs. Nelson-Teal!" Luke introduces.

I cheer loudly as they come running in. Laura looks stunning in her dress. My dad is looking at her like she's the only girl in the world, making my heart melt.

"Gather for the bride and grooms first dance," Luke instructs, kicking Kyle off the stage.

Kyle wraps his arms around my waist, carrying me to the edge of the dance floor to watch. Luke begins his rendition of I Just Can't Stop Loving You by Michael Jackson.

Hopefully the dance lessons I paid for were worth it. My dad is one of, if not the worst, dancer I have ever seen. Laura just laughs every time he steps on her foot while I cringe.