Ch. 30 "Friendship Bracelets Are Vital"

Chapter 30

Kyle's POV

"Now that Cassidy's in Greece, it's just you and me, baby," Luke hoots as we drive away from the airport.

I roll my eyes at his excitement. There's nothing to be happy about, especially not now. Not when he's back.

Luke blasts the song that's playing on the radio, singing at the top of his lungs. I don't appreciate his happiness.

I sigh and glance out the window. North Carolina is pretty beautiful. The tree line covered with light snow looks peaceful and inviting. Much different from the busy streets in Los Angeles.

Funny that the most beautiful girl I have ever met is from the most beautiful place I have ever been.

Damn, that was cheesy.

"Alright, pal, this is your first time being separated from Cassie..and any other girlfriend ever. So, instead of being unemotional stereotypical guys, we're going to be emotional teenage girls."

Why am I friends with this kid?

"Hey, before you judge, I'm doing what's best for you. If I were to pretend like you aren't hurting right now, I'd be the world's worst best friend. That's not okay with me."

Luke parks the car at a grocery store and gets out without telling me what the hell we're doing here. I follow him anyways, knowing that's what he'd expect me to do.

"Listen, I'd much rather be doing the whole bachelor night thing, but since I love and respect your relationship with Cassie I'm willing to sacrifice," he explains and takes one of the shopping carts.

He's not actually sacrificing. I can tell by the way he's grabbing nearly every ice cream flavor off the shelf.

"Go to the movie section and get every Nicholas Sparks movie ever," Luke demands. "And check if they have that One Direction movie."

I salute him before turning towards the movie section of the store. The first movie that catches my attention is Mamma Mia. Cassie knows every single word to every single song in this movie, and I can't lie and say I didn't enjoy watching it with her.

She's on her way to Greece to live out her dreams of reenacting this movie right now.

And I can't say I don't want to be there too.

But even if I wanted to, I couldn't. Luke would never allow me to go anywhere. Part of our deal was that I couldn't leave until it was safe for me to go back to LA and get rid of my whole false persona.

If only I was a normal kid who didn't have to pretend to be someone else to go to a freaking grocery store. There'd be no way I could get through the airport with identity checks and everything without being the Kyle Blackburn.

After putting all of the Nicholas Sparks movies into the basket, I decide to head back to Luke.

The One Direction movie stops me. Just as I pick it up, however, there's someone else right next to me.

"Clark?"

In a panic, I drop the movie and do my best to look cool. I give the guy a head nod, trying to remember how I knew him.

He chuckles. "I'm Rory. You probably don't know me, but I'm an old friend of your girlfriend's."

Rory. This little punk. This little flawless-skinned and blue-eyed punk.

I straighten up to look more intimidating, but Rory keeps a cheery smile on his face. I want to smack it off.

"I've seen you in some photos she has posted," he explains how he knew me. "You look a lot like Kyle Blackburn."