Ch. 45 "Goodbye Clark Jordan"

Chapter 45

"Here's the plan for today. We're going to drive home, take you two to school, Kyle's going to out himself to the whole school, and then we're going straight to the airport."

I squint my eyes open, my body still entangled with Kyle's. He smiles at me and presses a kiss to my forward, completely ignoring Luke.

"Wait a minute..." Luke says slowly, his mouth dropping and eyes widening. "Holy shit!"

"Luke," Kyle groans, "don't be weird about it!"

Luke's mouth is still wide open. "Weird about it? Why would I be weird about it?"

He then starts jumping on our bed.

I rest my head against Kyle's bare chest and watch Luke in amusement. Kyle is pinching the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger, clearly not as amused with Luke.

"Would you stop?" Kyle pleads.

Luke plops down on the bed and lets out a content sigh. "I'm really not weird about this. How was it?"

Kyle groans and throws a pillow at Luke's head. "You have no chill."

Luke smirks and slides off the bed. "We're leaving for school in ten minutes."

He leaves us alone, slamming the door shut. Kyle rolls his eyes and gets out of the bed with his boxers on.

"You okay? I'm really sorry about Luke. I know this is really personal and he's such a-"

"I'm fine," I assure, sighing in content as I lie in the warm bed. "Just don't want to go to school."

"Cass, I have to tell the entire school about who I really am," he sighs. "You know what they all think about Kyle Blackburn?"

"That he's a complete psychotic maniac," I answer. "However, they are very much wrong because you're only partially a psychotic maniac."

"Thanks," he mutters and starts getting dressed for the day.

It's like my body is glued to this bed. I have no motivation to get up, considering when I do Kyle will be leaving me and my friends will be hating me all in a matter of hours.

"What would happen if I just never left this bed?" I ask curiously. "I mean, I realize that out of the three of you boys one of you would be able to lift me out of this bed, but if I like really protested and cried I don't think any of you would have the guts to make me move."

Kyle looks at me with a quirked eyebrow, a small smile forming. His next move is to join me in the bed, his arms quickly finding their way around my waist.

"If you never left this bed," he whispers, his nose brushing against mine, "then neither would I."

I press my lips to his, unable to stop myself. He hums into chaste the kiss, his hand cupping the side of my face.

"I love you," I say as I pull away from the kiss slowly. "I love you so much."

"And I love you," he reciprocates, kissing my forehead before doing the most horrible thing he could ever do.

Pull of the blankets.

"Kyle!" I scream, the cold air hitting me like a block of ice.

It would've also been less awkward if I actually had more than my underwear on. Kyle doesn't seem to mine, his eyes trailing my body. I quickly cover myself with an afghan, glaring at him.

"That was mean," I mutter and grab the clothes Luke set out for me last night after packing all of our bags.

"Just be glad it was me and not Luke," he says, going through his phone as he waits for me to change. "Because then we'd both be ready to kill someone."