chapter 37

jaimins pov

"a little more to the left..... now more to the right...... up a bit more" luna kathrine comanded, brendan muttered something under his breath and pulled the string to the plastic skeleton higher up. then he turned to kathrine with a sarcastic smile. kathrine tilted her head "hmmm.... jaimin what do you think?"

"i think it should hang off the bannister, itll look more scary there" i gave brendan a smirk before going back to organizing the labels of the buffet table. i could feel brendans glare on me as he dragged the skeleton,which he decided to name "garfield", past me and to the the stairs. "you alright there acel?"

acel looked up from his book, a small smile on his face. he was supposed to help us decorate but ended up finding a small book on vampire history at the bottom of one the decoration boxes. he then went on his own small mission to find out as much as he could from the book, whilst sitting on the stairs " im great, did you know that on this night many years ago esmeray cursed a bunch of cityfolks with vampirism?"

"wait she did that on halloween?" brendan asked, turning around with garfeild in his hands, holding him like they were about to do ballroom dancing. the velocity of his turn made garfield kick acel in the head, earning a roll of the eyes from him. "thats kinda creepy, no wonder ameera wants to put that painting up as a decoration"

"what painting?" katherine asked from her kneeling postion by the boxes

"ameera made a painting in art class that i said was terrorfying and she should use it as a halloween decoration" i replied and put the last label down on the table. "kind of slipped my mind after seeing other things in the hallway"

"i thought we agreed not to talk about this today?" acel said with a frown.

"thats fine" brendan said and flung garfield off the top of the bannister, it swung back and forth for a bit before it settled "just be warned that there will be a shitstorm waiting for you tomorrow morning. ill swing open your door first thing and shout SCHANDE!"

"you spend too much time with miss bevan" i muttered and walked to the last box in the room.

"Not my fault I get detention for skipping gym, I've tried to tell her that I'm no David beckham but that just makes detention longer with her!" He exclaimed "good news is that I got a better vocabulary now"

just then the front door burst open and gabe stormed in the room, krya and ameera following suit. "i can not believe you set me up with someone kyra"

"oh come on, its just a party date, nothing major" kyra rebuted

"kyra your making me spend the night with a stranger, i wouldnt do that to you" he exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air

"you tried to set me up with your neighbors cousin on your sixteenth birthday" kyra said in a monotone voice, she then sighed and folded up her arms "look im not saying to spend the whole night with her, its just that the past few times shes came to one of these partys mum throws the other pack members havent been the most welcoming, dakota is a very sweet girl and i think you two would make great freinds to be honest"

"ive got friends kyra, i dont need more" gabriel growled out.

"How many times do I have to tell you that the pizzaman is not your friend!" She exclaimed

"Then why does he keep coming back and with discount leaflets?" Hé ground back

"just do it or im not letting you compete in the costume contest this year" kathrine groaned out

gabe groaned and threw his head back to stare at the cobweb decorated ceiling, which nearly killed brendan when he put them up. "fine but you owe me one kyra"

gabe then stormed up the stairs and slammed his bedroom door shut.

kyra then turned around and smiled at me, the past week between kyra and i have been amazing. we've been doing a lot together. we have studied together, ate together, we sleep in the same bed (after her father falls asleep she sneaks into my room) and we've had other fun as well....

"hey ive picked up our costumes, got the last ones there" her grin widend and she scrunched up her nose a bit, making her look adorable and innocent like a puppy. she then lifted up the bag up to show me that she had indeed bought the costumes.

"what are you going as again?" acel asked looking up from his book for a moment before he looked back down and flipped the page.

"peter pan and wendy darling" kyra said

brendan snorted "peter pan? are you going to wear tights as well? how on earth did you persaude jaimin to dress up as a fairy boy kyra?"

"well he found out that i can be very persausive" kyra said with a smirk, i blushed and looked away.

brendan gasped "have i got myself a fellow black belt?"

"more like purple.... maybe red" i muttered loud enough for him to hear.

"thats my girl!" kathrine shouted from where she was quietly observing everything, a huge grin on her face

"holy shit i forgot you were here!" kyra exclaimed as she spun around to stare at her mother in shock and embarresment. 

"language kyra!" kathrine scolded "i wont tolerate that in my house!"

"thats what she wont tolerate" ameera snickered under her breath

kyras face just kept getting redder and redder that i took one of her hands in mine and gave her a small squeeze to tell her that im here for her "come jaimin lets go try on our costumes" she whispered out as she pulled me with her up the stairs.

"you better be using protection until at least graduation kyra!" her mother yelled after us, a bunch of snickers were heard after that

Hey guys! Happy Halloween, sorry for the long wait a lot has happened in October for me, first I celebrated my birthday and then I got COVID the next day 🙄 anyways I'm doing fine now and ready to finish this book

Ps- only a small chapter today but the next chapter won't be long and it's gonna be the chapter that starts a lot of drama....

Love you guys x