Chapter 34

Kyra's PoV

"Don't worry hun he'll be fine" mum tried to reassure me.

"It's been over two hours" I complained whilst trying to break free from her grip.

"Don't worry Kyra, I'll have a look around for him" gabe told me reassuringly. I gave a small nod and he ran off into the woods, shifting on the way.

"He probably went too far into the woods and got a little lost" Ameera tried to reassure me.

Brendan sat by a tree whilst trying to concentrate on mind linking Jaimin, no success so far. My dad was mind linking everyone in the pack to help find Jaimin. He looked up for a second "Marcus, Nigel. Go with him. Goddess forgive if something happened to gabe. My brother would kill me"

Both of them nodded and ran off into the woods. I turned to my father "goddess forgive if anything happened to Jaimin too dad!" I snapped

"It'll be fine, like Ameera said he probably just went too far and got lost" my dad said patting my back.

I turned to him with tears in my eyes "but what if it's worse? What if he got hurt or attacked? Or kidnapped?" I chocked out. It's not uncommon for an alphas mate to be kidnapped, hurt or killed. That's why we're more possessive over them. Hell I'm pretty sure mum was kidnapped by a rouge pack at one point.

Suddenly my head started to hurt. I gave a loud shriek as I fell to my knees, gripping my head. I could see my mother crouched in front of me calling my name, but I couldn't hear her. Both ameera and leya stood behind her with concern on there face. That's the first time in a while I've see something that wasn't disgust on leyas face.

Then all of a sudden my vision changed. My concerned family and friends weren't what I was seeing.

I was seeing the forest by the southern boarder.  I saw jaimin and acel. Jaimin was grunting and clinging onto acel as they limped back. But then my vision traveled past them and sped to outside of the borders. That's when I saw a giant army of huge blood sucking leeches charging at the border.

My vision quickly came back to my family and friends. I quickly glanced around in panic until my eyes landed on my father. I jumped up quickly and ran to him.

"Sound the alarm and get all the pack warriors to the southern border now!" I screamed at him

He scrunched up his eyebrows "why would I do that?"

"We're under attack by vampires and jaimin and acel are the first ones they'll see!" I panted at the end and quickly shifted into my wolf and sped off to the southern border.

I heard the attack alarm go off behind me so I knew that my dad had listened to me. Soon enough I heard heavy footfall behind me and growling from the pack warriors. I heard some of them yelling at me to fall back but I was having none of it. My mates life was on the line.

Not long after I saw the two boys in view and sped up. I gave a little bark, on instinct jaimin looked up at me. I quickly stopped in front of him and started to sniff if he was bleeding.

"I'm fine kyra. Just a couple bruises" he replied

Before I could do anything the pack warriors stopped behind me. My dad in his massive wolf form marched towards me.

Get him to safety, we'll deal with the threat

I gave a small bark as a yes and they all carried on running.

Without a second thought I shifted to my human form. Acel awkwardly looked away as jaimin gawked at my naked body. I could smell his arousal from a mile away.

"K-kyra y-you're..." he never finished his sentence as I raced over and put my weight under his other arm.

"No time for that. We're under attack and we need to get you to safety!" I yelled out in a panicked tone.

Acel and I gave each other a nod and proceeded to walk at a faster pace. It broke my heart to hear my mate whimper in pain and exhaustion. But also pride when I saw his eyes sneak over now and then and glare at acel, even though acel hasn't made a single move to look at me.

"Alright" I said as we made it to the clearing. I hunched over a tree catching my breath. "Ameera contacted me that the pack doctors are on their way"

"Kyra you're killing me" jaimin moaned.  I looked over at him then quickly walked behind the tree to find spare clothes that the pack left lying around. I came back out with a large t shirt on.

"Better?" I asked. He looked me up and down and nodded.

"Kyra!" I heard ameera yell. Her and leya along with the pack doctors were running over. Acel took a deep breath when he saw leya.

"What the hell happened?" Ameera asked as she approached us, leya and the pack doctors in tow. Leya stopped behind ameera and did a quick survey of acel, whilst the pack doctors did a straight beeline for jaimin.

"I made it to the pack borders to have a moment for myself when that kelem bloke showed up and tried to kill me, if it wasn't for acel I'd be dead" jaimin said as he allowed the doctors to search him for injuries, mostly his neck. I should of known the rat would show up again.

"Are you alright?" Leya asked quietly looking at acel.

Acel turned to leya with a hard glare "why do you care?" He snapped

Leya gave a small gulp "you went against a vampire on your own, and your an omega too"

Acel gave a small growl "it doesn't matter what rank I am. If someone try's to hurt someone I love I'll kill them"

Something shone in leyas eyes but as soon as it was there it was gone "well I guess saden is a lucky girl then" she snapped before marching off. What the hell was that all about?

 What the hell was that all about?