Chapter 22

Kyra's PoV

"Is this the last of it?" Ameera asked as she filled the last box up with the folded stack of clothes on the side.

Brendan nodded "yeah we didn't have much"

Acel sighed whilst zipping up the pink suitcase I leant him, then he rolled it out to the living room.

Jaimin walked out of the bathroom and collapsed onto the bed "why did I have to clean out that spiders nest" he groaned

I shrugged "I said I'd do it"

He growled quietly "there is no way I'd let you do that, it was like aragog from Harry Potter"

"Nice reference" ameera said with a nod of approval

"I still don't get how you could share a room, it's kinda cramped just standing in here" I commented

"Not all of us are alphas" Brendan grumbled. Then he looked up at me "we're omegas, we make do with our situation"

"Well not anymore" ameera said with a smile whilst taking his hand

"I don't care where I live as long as I'm with you" Brendan said leaning closer to ameera, then ameera leapt forward, their lips meeting.

Jaimin and I awkwardly stood there as they made out falling down onto Brendan's bed not even breaking the kiss.

Jaimin cleared his throat but it fell on deaf ears. I nodded my head in the direction of the door to the living room. He gave me a nod and we both walked out the bedroom.

Acel was about to walk in but Jaimin put a hand on his shoulder "trust me you don't want to go in there, smell"

Acel stuck his nose up and sniffed at the air, I also did it "I get it" he muttered and turned back around "i uh need to go somewhere" he said whilst rushing out of the flat.

I turned to Jaimin "I can't smell anything unusual"

Jaimin gave me a skeptic look "really? You can't smell ameera?" I shook my head in confusion "she's in heat"

"Ahh" I said then picked up my purse "then how about we go have McDonald's"

He nodded "sure"

*

"Do you think they're done yet?" I asked whilst taking a sip of my milkshake.

Jaimin shook his head "nah it's their first time as mates they're going to want to treasure it"

I pursed my lips together and looked out the window "so my dad wants to have a family dinner tonight"

Jaimin choked on the cola he was drinking "w-what?"

I gave a small chuckle "he just wants to know the boy who's staying in our guest bedroom"

"And his daughters mate" he mumbled whilst playing with his straw.

I rolled my eyes "yeah that too, but my mum will be much worse"

He looked up at me "your mum looks lovely, and what I can remember from the party she was lovely"

I snorted "just wait till you get to know her better, she's a schemer"

He pointed at me "that I could tell by the way ameera reacted once she found out that you spoke to your mother and not your father"

I gave a small chuckle "yeah.... she's known my mum as long as she could remember"

He chuckled then stood up "I'm going to the bathroom I'll be back in a bit" I gave small nod then he walked off.

I took another sip of my milkshake as my phone buzzed in my pocket I took it out and smirked at the message that came through

Having sex with your mate is the best thing ever! Anyways just texting to tell you that we've finished up and you can come back over the flat now. Oh and I know you're at McDonald's so I want a coffee and a McFlurry x

I shook my head at the message, ameera is such a weird person

I'll be over soon I'm just finishing off my food then I'll be over.

As soon as I sent that message I tucked my phone back into my pocket and glanced out the window.

The McDonald's is centred in the middle of town so it's surrounded by shops, most are small independent ones.

What I didn't expect to see was the face of someone I hated so much staring right back at me.

"Kelelm" I breathed out quietly

He gave me a smirk and a small wave before walking off. I quickly stood up to run after him but when I turned around I was face to face with jaimin.

He smiled brightly at me "I guess you're ready to go"

I gave a quick nod "yeah can you do me a favour and order a coffee and a McFlurry for ameera please I need to check something out a second"

I didn't give him time to answer before I rushed out the door and bolted into the direction that kelelm went. I could see the top of his red hair as he turned into a small lane.

I took off after him "kelelm!" I called as soon as I reached the lane.

He stopped where he was and slowly turned round to me, the smirk still plastered on his face "hello Kyra it's been a while"

"What are you doing here?" I asked out of shock

He cocked his head to the side " oh I was just in the neighbourhood and happened upon you. How are things going with your groupies, I heard there were a few bumps in the road"

I growled "how did you know that?" I demanded

He chuckled "werewolves like to gossip and this town is basically one big pack"

"Kyra? What are you doing down here?" A voice asked behind me, there stood jaimin with the coffee and McFlurry in a cup holder.

"So you must be the famous omega that swept Kyra reinhold off her feet" he looked jaimin up and down like some object "I guess I'll see you around omega"

He then turned around to walk off "its jaimin!" Just by the redness on his face I knew my mate was mad.

Kelelm chuckled "I know" he said before walking off down the long, dark lane.

I quickly turned back around and ran over to jaimin. I placed my hand in his to help calm him down.

"Was that a vampire?" He asked, the only thing I could do was nod