Chapter 16

Everything seems to happen in slow motion as my eyes widen in surprise at who I see standing in the dimly lit doorway of Raven's bedroom. My heart hammers painfully against my rib cage and my throat as gone dry; nerves begin to set in as my eyes meet theirs.

"I.." I stutter, my brain unable to function properly as goosebumps rise on my skin.

"What are you doing here?" I hiss through my teeth.

  How did they find me? Why where they here? Were they going to kick off again? Un answered questions quickly fill my mind as I rest my gaze on them. My heart beating loudly in my chest still, adrenaline still making its way through my body.

"We came to bring you back. To where you belong." His sickly voice rings in my ears, already making my blood begin to boil.

"Which is where exactly, Jake?" I growl, straighting up and glaring at him.

  I see that smug look on his face once again and he slings an arm over my mothers shoulders; bringing her nearer to him. Adrenaline pumps round my body as I stare at them in disgust, the way my mother looks like a love sick puppy is driving me insane already.

"At home." He replies, smirking.

"I am home."

"This is your home?" My mother's wobbly voice bounces off the walls and my gaze flickers to her briefly.

"N-" I begin but get interupted.

"This is my home." Raven suddenly says, making both their eyes snap to him.

  Jake seems to purr with satisfaction as he watches my mother piece together what's happening before her eyes and she gulps loudly. "You are both shirtless because?"

  My mind is now in a hazzy state, I can't function properly enough at this moment in time to actually form words and to say the first thing that comes into my head. This is it, I think to myself. They are going to find out my secret.

Jake will be over the moon. Just that thought alone is making me clench and unclench my fist; remembering that day long ago when I threw a punch at Jake. I smirk at the memory, a now favourite one at that.

"Your son and I, we are.. Room mates." Raven responses to my mothers question and the disgust in her eye soon goes as she finally looks at him. Seeing him for the first time.

"Really now." Jake growls sarcastically and I snicker at him, making him approach me.

"You are coming home. Now Drake." He hisses, grabbing a hold of my arm.

  I'm aware that Raven seems to take a small step forward, looking my mothers boy toy in the eyes and holding his gaze. Jake snarls at him and puffs his chest out; trying to intimidate Raven who just blinks at him and doesn't shy away.

Impressive, I think to myself before yanking my arm out of his grasp.

"I'm not going anywhere with you. You son of a bitch." I exclaim, crossing my arms over my chest in a stuborn manner.

"Maybe.. Maybe we should just leave him." My mother mutters in a soft tone which tugs on my heart strings. Stirring emotions deep inside of me.

"No! He is coming with us, whether he likes it or not." He snaps at her and I twitch, restraining myself from hitting him for talking to her like this.

"Bu-" She begins but gets cut off by Jake stalking towards her and shouting in her face.

"I said no! Go back and wait in the car!" He yells.

  That's when I start to slip, start to lose control as she lets out a scared whimper and begins to walk out of Raven's apartment but not before turning round and giving me a weak, soft smile which brings back painful memories of the past.