Chapter 12

I spike my hair up and pull on my trainers. This is it, I think to myself as excitment pumps through my veins. A small smile playing on my lips as I start gathering up my things; keys, phone, money. The reason why I'm in such a.. Happy mood today?

  The date with Raven is finally here. After training my ass off the day before, my muscles still slightly aching from the work out my coach put me through, I now have this date to look foward to. Where we are going to eat is another story though. The thing is, I haven't got a clue...

"Oh well. I'll think of something.." I mutter to myself as I take one last glance at myself in the mirror by the door.

  My phone buzzes suddenly in my pocket and groan inwardly, oh gosh, I hope it's not Ruby.. I slowly and reluctantly takes out my phone to see I have a text message from Melvin. Smirking slightly from the last time I spoke to him, I open the text:

From Melvin: (18:59)
Hey D, hope the date goes well. Try not to scare her off. ;)

  I chuckle at the text message and shoves my phone back in my pocket, rolling my eyes at the way Mel behaves some times. Like I could scare Raven off now... Then again, if he had any sense, he would of ran away by now.

  Maybe he does like me.. No, stop being stupid. I can't get my hopes up to have them crash around me. I've never dated a guy before, always had chicks after me but it's just not the same. I hope he likes me.. I think to myself as I shut my apartment door and knock on Raven's dark wooden door.

  My mind still in turmoil, I try to calm my thoughts but nothing seems to work until I feel a hand on my shoulder and my heart seems to leap into my throat. My eyes snap over to meet bright blue ones which shine with amusement.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to make you jump." Raven chuckles and takes a step back to look at me.

  I raise an eyebrow, doing the same to him and my nostrils are instantly filled with the alluring scent of Raven and his after shave. I wonder what he uses.. I think to myself, letting my thoughts wonder to the way Raven's body looked that night I saw him in his boxers.

  All of a sudden Raven clears his throat and my eyes snap up to his radiant blue ones and a cocky, smirk flashes across my features. "Ready to go?"

"Where are we going?" He says as he steps out of his apartment and into the light.

  I chuckle and runs a hand through my once neat and tidy looking hair. Raven turns and cocks an eyebrow but I dismiss him and starts to walk away as he follows; still firing the questions at me until we get to the truck.

"It's a surprise douche bag." I end up saying, unable to stop myself.

  Raven blinks back in surprise then bursts out laughing. "Tut tut, insulting me already and seriously? Douche bag?" He shakes his head as he gets into the passenger seat.

  I roll my eyes and sighs, unable to keep the smile off my face. Being with Raven, it's so relaxing... Refreshing when I can just be myself and not have to put up a front. Yes, I still have trust issues and dark secrets but right now, I feel happy enough with what I have right now

  All because of that special someone..

Raven.

"Are you going to start the car or are we just going to sit here like morons?"

  I blink once again, clearing my head full of scattered thoughts to find Raven staring at me with an amused expression on his face. I pout unable to stop myself doing the slightly girly action and runs a hand over my face.

"I like sitting here. This is the surprise." I tease.

  I watch in amusement and confusion when Raven's expression seems to drop ever so slightly and I instantly feel a pang of guilt for lying to him and before I can stop myself I hear myself saying. "I joke of course. Still not telling you where I'm taking you though."