Chapter 16

Goku's P.O.V.

A sky full of the evening colors: orange, yellow, coral, even a hint of blue. Each color was set perfectly in the sky bursting with radiance, at least in her opinion. It was just about time for all the tiny stars to come out lighting the sky beautifully, before they come out however, the biggest light of the night was approaching.

Actually the moon ought to be out by now. That must mean they've been out longer than usual, dinner will be eaten late tonight.

Where shall they eat? Inside their hotel, at a restaurant, or will they have a picnic under the night sky? If they will have a picnic, they may have it here, wherever "here" may be.

The ground felt nice, like a flowerbed. Maybe that's where she is, on a patch of flowers. It's very comfy.

What's that noise? Was someone crying? That's strange, Goku hasn't cried since he was a toddler, the crying also sounds feminine too.

Giving a yawn, she stretched her limbs out feeling oddly disoriented. What once felt comfortable, now felt rough under her.

Pushing her body up, she yawns once more rubbing her eyes sleepily. Tired and conscious, Gine gently shakes the small body next to her.

"Wake up Goku."

Gasps rang around along with cheerful screams. "Huh?" Goku sat up groggily.

They blinked at the scene in front of them. They're at the tournament. The audience, including their friends, were scattered and spread all over the place. It seems the place was hit by a hurricane.

"You're alive!" Krillin dashed his way across the arena towards the dazed pair. He wrapped his arms around Gine's neck happily. "We thought you guys died!"

Puzzled at his embrace, though she welcomed it, she returned his hug. "Why?"

Goku stood up, feeling a breeze, "Why am I naked?"

That's an excellent question.

Giggles heard from the audience causes Gine to sigh and rub her head. "I don't know son, we need to get you clothed though."

Mr. Alonsa was more than happy to give them a few minutes to get him some clothes; before he loses his job from the boy's public display.

Krillin was happy to let his best friend borrow his clothing. The boy is just happy to have them alive. "Do your best!" There were many questions he wanted to ask him and even Gine but since the moon was destroyed it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Gine waved at Goku as he returned back to his fight. She then leaned down to Krillin's level asking, "What exactly happened?"

Goku stood across from Jackie Chun, thinking about food. He's hungry. Thinking about food just made him even more famished. The sounds of grumbling in his stomach even made it hard for him to pay attention.

At least, he's in luck. Jackie can't pull another energy attack which means the senior can't fly back onto the stage. This must mean he won!

Taking the opportunity Goku shot out his last kamehameha at his opponent, watching Jackie as he made a dodge before leaping up and giving the old man his hardest kick he could which caused Jackie to have a ring out.

Or so he thought. The old man was very lucky to have struck his foot in the cemented arena. The fight as Mr. Alonsa said will still continue.

~(-V-)~

Krillin had just finished explaining the past events to Gine who was struggling to remember while watching her son fight, "I still don't recall." The last thing she summons up is Jackie Chun placing her son in a trance of sleep. Did he really shoot lightning at her son and did Goku change into the Great Ape again? She should have remembered these things. Why couldn't she?