Chapter 12

"I-I can't believe it," the turquoise hair teen stuttered in disbelief. "H-he lost." She stared up at the stage where her boyfriend had been knocked-no blown off by the elderly competitor. It seemed so unreal to her and her companions, but especially her. He left her for a number of weeks just to train for this tournament and now he lost?!

"Wow," one of the shapeshifters muttered. "I was expecting him to lose to either Goku or Gine, not this geezer."

The best friend of the defeated opponent of Jackie Chun, stared with tearful eyes. "Yamcha shouldn't have lost!" her squeaky voice cried out. "He's the strongest of them all!"

Bulma didn't know how to feel, should she go and comfort her boyfriend who just lost and tell him there was always a next time or should she just leave him alone for now? Maybe she'll leave him for now and later take him out on a date! They've barely had any time together and on the times that they have, they were never alone. It seems their faithful animal friends are always around the corner, not to mention her parents!

Oolong awkwardly placed his hand on his fellow shapeshifter's back, patting her in an attempt of comfort. They were starting to draw attention from the crowd as his furry friend cried out the match being unfair. Bulma wasn't of any help as she had a smirk playing on her face, making Oolong slightly afraid.

"Don't worry Krillin maybe the old man just got lucky," Goku tried to calm his friend. They were both at back stage again and were waiting for their friend.

"First I'm against a sewer-face and now I'm up against a superhero," Krillin wondered why the world was against him today.

Gine was about to comment to her little friend when she noticed their other friend coming back. "Yamcha!" Both boys turned around, seeing their friend coming back in.
"Ah Yamcha!" Goku calls out ready to go to him.

"Hey wait," Krillin stops them both from confronting Yamcha. "He might not be in the mood to talk right now guys."

Gine gave a frown hoping he wouldn't take the loss too bad. Goku had similar thoughts to his mother, and all just stared at their friend coming with Jackie Chun.

Yamcha stopped walking then turned to face the elder. "That last move...I couldn't even see it." The attack came faster than he thought possible.

"Its energy from within," the old man told the teen. "Maybe someday I'll teach you how to do it."

Yamcha stared at the elder with curious eyes, the elder looked pretty familiar to him. "Say don't I know you...from somewh-"

"NOW EVERYONE, IT IS TIME FOR BATTLE NUMBER THREE!" the announcer's voice boomed throughout the place, interrupting any talk. "GINE AND RANFAN, PLEASE COME TO THE STAGE!"

Gine blinks once, then twice, staying in place. She stared at the wall blocking the arena and took a moment to process what was just announced.

Meanwhile Goku, Krillin, Yamcha, and Jackie Chun stared at her. They waited for her to make a move but after half a second and no movement, they got a little worried. The group's sweat dropped as they stared at her, a minute passed and she still didn't move from her spot.

"Eh Miss?" Jackie Chun waved his hand at her face. "Are you there?"

He moved his hand lower tempted to have one touch, even if there are three others present. It's not like any of them recognized him.

"Hehe..." Though right before the old pervert had the chance, she moved her right arm up accidently knocking his hand away.

She placed her hand behind her ear. "Did he call me?" the older saiyan said with surprise laced in her voice. "It's my turn already?!"