Chapter 14

Past

Life's full of surprises, it's unpredictable, and sometimes questionable. Those who dislike these notions will do whatever they could to be a step ahead. It's not the simplest thing to do, wouldn't it be better to let the erratic happen and hope for the best? That's what I'm starting to believe and it might be what just saves me for this journey.

The night passes and the first sun has risen, the second will be up soon. My father and I have already left our complex and just arriving at the center grounds. The thought of being separated from my only relative terrifies me but the thought of never seeing him again is greater than the fear I have. It seems I'm the only one who thinks this way.

Over two hundred saiyans around the ages of ten and fifteen are present; most are under thirteen. Our population has grown, according to most recent reports our estimation is just under five thousand. This is only an assessment; some births aren't actually reported like they should be. Some parents abandoned their young to fend for themselves while they go their separate ways. My mother did that and if my father didn't step up to care for me, then it would be more than likely that I would've been sent to the other side.

In our civilization there are four areas to live in. The first is on the peak of our planet where King Vegeta resides. His land is where the richest soils are held, and with the soil comes the greens producing the air needed to inhale for our survival. His land would be perfect to grow out a harvest for our species, but his insistence on the land prevents anyone from actually entering and being able to grow any life.

The next land is inhabited by the elite warriors. Theirs is located right by the borders of his castle in case they are needed to defend and protect our king. The land they own has the most waterfalls our kingdom sees each year. The amount of rain that falls would be enough to drown them in their sleep but luckily they along with the next region are able to make the best of it. The water that falls is able to travel to our land and still be qualified as pure.

My region is located at the end of the wards. It's not for all third-classes; in fact only about six hundred saiyans reside in this area. That's less than fifteen percent of the third-class population; you'd have to have served the elite or one of the royals to be able to reside here or in my case, be the descendent of someone who did. Our area has the shops, lakes, and medical wing leaving our area to handle most of the merchandise. Our medical branch isn't up to date compared to other planets but thanks to the medicine we have, our wounds heal much quicker than others would.

Lastly is the other side. This area is where most third-classes reside. While most do travel to our section, they are ordered to leave before nightfall. I do not know much about this area, but my father has many acquaintances that reside in the area. I only have a couple of friends and one of them happens to reside in the other side with his mother. The land is said to have the lowest amount of oxygen available to survive, thick as can be. Supplies are always scarce, which is why the wards are open for them to travel to our area and obtain their needs. Most of the materials collected from different planets are to be given to our merchants so they can determine the value and either sell them to our people or ship them as valuables to our king.

"Come on kid." My father ruffles up my, now, short hair. He was pretty upset last night about me losing most of my hair, but if I'd be truthful I would say it's possibly the best thing that could've happen to me. My hair outgrew my body and covered my eyes most of the time, preventing me from seeing my feet most of the time.

He takes my hand and pulls me over to Kobacha, and Zukkini. They were here to see us all off to the beginning of our future. Both of them had blank expressions, well Zukkini had more of a sneer, but relaxed their faces when they saw us approach.