Chapter 7

"Hey! Hey mom! Mommy!" The little boy with the untidy hair shook his mother's arm excitedly "Our house is around here right!?"

His mother giggled at her son's silliness "Sure is," her hazel eyes twinkled with recognition "We should head home and change out of these clothing." While she didn't want to say it out loud the two knew they looked ridiculous: one wearing green overalls, and the other a bunny suit.

Goku nodded directing Nimbus to their house "We should also bring our futons!"

They hopped off the flying cloud, thanking their friend, before running back to the small house. The house still looked the same as last time, save for some dust here and there but that's expected after they left it alone for a while. Their home still had that warm feel and inviting presence to them.

Gine gave Goku a white undershirt along with his last blue pants and white slash, thankfully she made sure they both had enough underwear to last them a very long time. She told Goku to find his slippers under the bed, where they had the extra futon too.

Her hand reached behind pulling on the straps of her ruined bag and pulling out her shoes she was able to find. She frowned as she saw how the silver ones had the ribbons ripped off and her black ones had torn marks. Walking over to the corner she pushed open a chest, sneezing at the particles floating around, and pulled out a small brown box with her name engraved on it. The small box contained materials for her to fix their clothing; which happened on a daily basis.

Goku ran out the house, after changing, carrying their futons "I'll be right out!" Gine called as she quickly changed into her last pair of clothing, but unlike Goku she had to go barefoot.

"I'm hungry." Gine hears her son say as she stepped out of their home.

"Master Roshi might have some food," Gine mused as she tied her slash "and if he doesn't we could always go fishing." Surly with so much water, fishes should be around.

Goku happily said "Let's go then!" he hopped on Nimbus waiting for his mother to get on.

Nimbus flew them through the mountains, trees, and multiple rivers. They had their arms extended horizontally around their bodies giggling at the speed the cloud gave along with twirls on the sky "Wheee!" their laughter could be heard by every animal around the forests from below.

"Yippee!" the two gave screams of joy as they dodged the taller trees and raise their arms above their heads as Nimbus flew them by a lake "Tidal wave!" cold water splashed to their faces "Burr it's cold!"

Since Gine hasn't visited the island she relied on Nimbus and Goku to take them to Kami Island "That shortcut must be nearby," her son pointed to a cave "There it is!" she laughed along with him as Nimbus raced through the dark cave, avoiding bats, and giving a sharp turn before they finally came out meeting the sun's bright rays and the blue ocean.

"Here it is!" Nimbus slowed down to a stop on a small island. The island had sand on the dredges, grass, bushes, palm trees, and a pink house on the center with a red roof head "Master Roshi we're here!" Goku held their futon above his head as he jumped off Nimbus to the house.

Gine jumped off right after him walking to the door "...Um is he home?" Goku dropped their things on the porch as they walked over to the window hearing some voices.

Goku stood on his tippy toes to see if his new trainer was home and did see him sitting with his back to them. He hopped inside with his mother following in tow "There he is!"

"What's he doing?" Gine asked as soon as she was inside. She saw the old man engrossed at the television in front of him. He's really into it if he couldn't hear her son's excited yelling upon arrival.