Chapter 8

Goku waved his arms in excitement as their new master in martial arts finally told them they were going to have their very first lesson and right before dinner too! Master Roshi had capsulated his house and given them all a ride on his boat to another bigger island where around three hundred people already lived at. He and his mother went around the island to explore their new surroundings and found it very different from the smaller island "It's finally time for training I'm so excited!"

"Um...me too?" Launch in her nice form came up from behind Roshi asking if she should train with the others. She still isn't keen to the idea of training, but if he expected her to train with them than she'll give it her best.

Happily answering her, the hermit replied "You're free to do whatever you want!"

"I guess I will prepare dinner..." she sniffled "Th...en...ha...ha...ha"

Terrified for the woman's sneeze all three males ran in cover to the nearest place, this happened to be a giant rock. Gine stayed in place with her arms behind her head watching the other girl "Haaaaaa..."

Giving a loud yawn Launch continued "I guess I'll go prepare dinner now! Do your best!" she waved to everyone before going into the house.

Surprised and relieved the blue hair woman only yawned had all three hiding fall down "Guess she was just yawning..." Goku crawled from behind the rock.

"That scared me..." Krillin admitted coming out from the rock too.

Master Roshi stood back up facing the boys "Y-you fools! How dare you be scared? A master arts expert must never be afraid!" Gine raised a brow at him, but said nothing instead walking closer to the boys "Now let's continue with our fearless training! Krillin do you have any fighting experience?"

Giving a nod to his master he said "Yes! I've studied eight years at the Oorin Temple."

"Alright then very good," He nodded to the boy "I suppose I can skip the lesson to what a punch and a kick are. Now before I teach you three, anything, new I need to test your current ability." He pointed to the rock they hid behind "There's about a hundred meters from that rock to that tree," his other arm extended pointing to a tree "Where's my stop watch!?"

"You want us to race?" Krillin asked.

"Just because you can run doesn't necessarily mean you can become a good martial artist, but it'll you prove you have solid legs and loins," he then mutters "Though if you're the expert fighter you shouldn't be the one to run away!"

Chuckling Krillin smugly said "I'll run first Master Roshi."

"Ooh confident are ya!"

"Well you'll probably see why," He peeked at Goku then at Gine gloating "I can probably make it to the Olympics if I wanted to!"

They all moved around Roshi by the tree, Gine a few feet away from the rock with Goku leaning on her side rocking back and forth cheerfully, and Krillin getting ready to race "On your mark...get set...hit it!"

The little monk rushed with all the speed he could muster on his tiny legs determine to take the shortest time and beat the other two. He ran passed his master towards the tree grabbing it to catch his breath as his time was announced "Ten point four seconds," Still breathing heavily he went over to him "That's pretty good."

"Yeah that's an okay run, but I usually make it around ten point one...haa...I don't know what happened...haa...but I guess the wind was against me...haa..." He huffed in exhaustion.

Goku jumping away from his mom yelled out "Yoo-hoo Master Roshi can I go yet!?"

"Now let's not get antsy..."