Chapter 11

Seven of the eight finalists stood in the main hall waiting for further instructions. Gine stood between Krillin and Goku who were both staring at the contestants with awe. Each of the participants had a different appearance to them; that none would have thought of them as fighters. Other than her, Goku, Krillin, and Yamcha, the others present were unique.

There was a fairly tall, hazelnut skin toned man. He had his eyes closed with his hands clasped together. The man wore a strange white hat, turban, an orange and red robe, and he had a red dot on his forehead. Gine saw that Krillin also surveyed this man; they both silently concluded that the man is odd.

Next was an elderly, grey haired man. He stood an inch under average height, had small eyes, and wore a black uniform similar to Master Roshi's. He stood beside another contestant along the wall, staring right at her...chest?

The other fighter, the old man is staring at, was the only other woman to make it to the finals. She had curly violet hair, blue eyes, and had a dot on her left cheek. Her attire consists of red sneakers, green sweat pants, and a blue shirt. She had some inches above Gine and seems to be paying no mind to anyone.

Stomp, buzz, stomp, buzz, stomp.

Before the first stomp, Goku and Gine started coughing and gripped their throats in pain. The odor coming from the newest arrival caused their sensitive noses to wrinkle in disgust. In a panic, Goku tried holding his breath willing himself not to vomit. Gine crouched low on the ground, facing the wall, contemplating if she should break one of the windows to get some fresh air.

The eighth and final fighter was a giant, overweight man, with messy hair, bushy beard, and a very hairy man. He had drool falling down his face, a few yellow teeth-most were missing, and mucus sliding down his nose. This fighter wore a pair of green armbands, greenish yellow short tights, and black boots.

"J-just who is that guy?!" Krillin asks what everyone in the room was thinking.

Yamcha in a struggled voice told them, "That's Bacterian," Gine noticing her son trying to choke himself and brought him closer to her side. "He's got herculean strength but that comes second to his offensive odor!" Goku gripped his mothers sleeve bringing it to his nose trying to cover up the stench.

"They say he's never taken a bath since the day he was born! His opponents can only fight with one hand because the other one has to hold their nose. He takes advantage of this to win!"

"So his uncleanliness is his weapon." Krillin mutters.

Gine slowly walked over to her friends with Goku gripping her sleeve, preventing her from using both hands to cover up. "Our nose is as sensitive as a dog's, so it's really painful for us!"

"I think I'm going to pass out!" Goku felt dizzy and started wobbling around.

"Hello!" Another man entered, this one at least wasn't stinky. "Participants, please gather yourselves up!" He's the announcer for the tournament; he wore a nice blue suit, sunglasses, and had blonde hair. "To the front everyone!"

They all raced to the front eagerly waiting for his next words; that is until the giant, smelly fighter came up laughing in the center of the group. "On second thought why don't you mister stay in the back?" Not even the announcer has ever smelled something as revolting as the fighter.

Goku, still covering his nose, listened to the announcer giving them the protocol for the finals. It seems another lottery was necessary. He watched as the old man went up to the announcer asking to fight with the purple haired person...he thinks it's a girl, but he wasn't sure anymore.

He's never really paid any attention between genders; his mom was a different story. She's been there from the beginning and he could tell she didn't have those features that made her look like a boy; like his grandpa and him! His grandpa at one point told him that his mom, being a girl, meant she had to look different. Then he went on an adventure, made new friends, and saw new people. He had no idea that some girls could look like boys and some boys look like girls! It's silly to think that girls are supposed to look different; couldn't they just have the same boyish features? Why are girls even supposed to look different?