District Eight Gamemaker Sessions

*Rose*

I found out in training that I was most successful with a spear. I would really have to prove my worth to the Gamemakers if I wanted to see a spear in the arena, unless another tribute showed them something with a spear. I didn't notice them in training ever coming near the station with spears, but maybe one of them had a secret talent for spears.

Anyway, I picked up a spear and threw it from across the room. It went right through the heart of a dummy. I did that several more times, then left without being dismissed. Why not be a rebel if I only had a few weeks left to live?

*Trey*

I've noticed that a lot of other tributes have had some sort of experience before they reached Reaping Day. I was not one of those tributes, but I'm a fast learner, so I picked up a lot of new skills necessary for survival in the arena.

I intended to show the Gamemakers these newly acquired skills of mine. I started off with a now and arrow, which was not my strongest suit, but I was decent with it. I moved on to lifting heavy objects and sprinting around the room to show my strength and stamina. I then went to my best talent, which was throwing axes. I threw several at the wall. Some cracked the wall, and one actually stuck in the wall. I left my session feeling pleased with the results.