District One Gamemaker Sessions

*Destiny*

I had been in the Capitol a few days and I had been training like mad. I needed to be able to survive to get back home to my family. Today was the start of it all: the Gamemaker sessions. They could either make you or break you. You wouldn't get any sponsors if you got a low score from the Gamemakers.

Anyway, I went in first being the girl from One. I walked in bravely, knowing all of them were looking at me. I didn't look at any of them. Instead, I kept my eyes on the target. I picked up an axe and flung it across the room. I heard many gasp in surprise as it hit the target exactly. I guess they were surprised I was as strong as I am. I know I must look pretty weak. That will help me in the Games because I will be underestimated. I flung a few more axes, only two missing their target, and not by much. They dismissed me from the room after that.

*Cole*

I went in to the Gamemakers second. I wasn't at all afraid. This would be just like training. It was a piece of cake, because I had been training my entire life.

I gave what I hoped was a hostile stare to the Gamemakers, signaling to them that I meant business. I went straight to the spears and showed off some defensive moves against the dummies, then I went on the offense. I pretended that they were trying to kill me, dodging invisible attacks left and right. Finally I plunged the spear into the dummies' stomachs one at a time and simply left.