Chapter 29

Slovakia's P.O.V.

"So...uh...your brother is a pierogi addict?"

Lithuania looked up from his soup. "Yeah. No shame, either."
I laughed. "I mean, I don't blame him. It is pretty delicious," I moved one of the polish dumplings to my mouth.

Lithuania started sadly at my plate of pierogi. "What?" I ask.

"I just...I wonder where he is. Maybe he just needed some time. He's obviously been going through some stuff. Frequent flashbacks, binge eating, and nightmares to name a few."
He brought another spoonful of pink soup to his mouth, swallowing thoughtfully. "Maybe I should have helped him instead of leaving."

I placed my hand on his arm. "It's not your fault, surely."

His expression changed, as if he was in pain. "But he's my brother-"

"You're not responsible for him. Whatever he's feeling or going through, that's his problem. Nobody else's. You worry about you. And that's an order," I add commandingly.

He put down his fork with a chuckle. "You're adorable."

A waiter arrived at our table, who I briefly recognized as Belgium. "Everything going okay?"
"Yes, thank you." We both said simultaneously. Belgium left with an acknowledging nod and a hint of a smile.

As soon as she was out of ear shot, we both glanced at each other, bursting out laughing.
"Okay but seriously, you're the cute one." I pointed my fork at him.

Lithuania pushed my fork onto the table with his own. "No you."

I blushed. "That's bull crap."

"No it isn't!"

"Okay, okay fine."

(Time skip up until they're leaving)

The chilly autumn air made me shiver, my hands rubbing my forearms to warm them up. Our ride wouldn't be here for another 10 minutes. It was already dark, despite it only being 6 PM.

Lithuania glanced at me. "Cold?"

I narrowed my eyes, forcing my hands back down to my sides. "Nope."
He unzipped his jacket, placing it onto my shoulders. Immediately it radiated warmth, but I felt selfish.

"Won't you be cold?" I asked worriedly.

"We can share," he said, wrapping the right end of the jacket around his left shoulder so we were both inside. His soft fingers interlaced with my own.

"I...uh...thanks." I muttered. "No problem."

There was a moment of quiet, with only the wind blowing against our faces. Our hands remained linked, warm and reassuring. Then Lithuania spoke up.

"So I've been thinking."

"That's never a good thing."

He laughed, but continued. "And I cant help but notice...I mean, I was wondering if...ach-" he seemed to stumble over his normally smooth words.

I leaned close to his face, giving him a quick kiss. "Yes," I half-murmur, half-giggle. He smiles, resuming the kiss.

It was like a warm blanket with your favorite stuffed animals and slow music. Or flowers waving in a colorful sunset. Pure bliss. And we were living in it.
Heaven really is a place on Earth.

We both pulled back, and I knew he had felt the same. It was a mutual, almost instant connection.

"So I guess if you're my girlfriend, this was our first date?" Lithuania pipes up, making us both laugh. "Sure."

"God, I love you so much." He says, the words coming noticeably easier than before.
"I love you too ya big doof."

No amount of cold could ruin this moment. I wanted to drink it in slowly, like sipping a warm cup of tea.

A car drove up in front of us. The windows rolled down to reveal a tri-colored face sporting red, black, and gold. Germany. Lithuania looked slightly confused and worried.

"I didn't know you drove taxis," I said in astonishment. "I don't," he said grimly. A flag I recognized as Austria leaned forward briefly to get a look at us.

My heart sank. "Then why are you here?" Lithuania's grip tightened on my hand.

"It's Poland," The German said, his expression dark. "And he's in danger."

___________________________________
heeeeey short chapter sorry
yeah gotta put some fluff in here because these babies are adorable
also I tried a new p.o.v.? idk kinda doing something different so tell me what you think :>
anyway hope you have a good Halloween
now I need to sleep because it's 1 in the morning

nah