Chapter 16

Germany's P.O.V.

I throw my arm back, then thrust it forward, casting my line into the vast expanse of clear blue water. It lands in the lake with a small splosh.

Russia groans. "Sooo hot. I'm melting." He waves himself with his hands. I stare at him confused. He's in a tank top and shorts, so why is he acting like he's suffering from heatstroke?

"Really?" I roll my eyes. "Maybe it's that fluffy hat. I read somewhere that putting on a hat or socks raises your body temperature-"

"No, it's not. It's the damn weather," Russia insists.

"Language!" I exclaim, facing the palm of my free hand towards the sky. The other scoffs. "Oh yeah, sorry. I forgot."

There's an awkward pause. I try to focus on my line, searching for the slightest twitch or movement. Nothing comes.

"So...you and Austria huh?" He says, his gaze still focused on the lake. My face heats up. "N-No...We're just friends, we've always been!" I like Poland! I scream inside my head.

"Suuuure." He rolls his eyes. Well, well, Russia. Two can play at this game.

"What about you and America...?" I smirk, turning to look at him again. Surprisingly, there is no emotional response.

"Nothing, really." Russia doesn't look at me. I decide to persist.

"Well from what I heard when I passed your house, it sounded rather...heated." I smile mischievously. That's when his level gaze faltered.

"H-How do you know about that??" He stutters. I widen my eyes "Wait you actually did that? I was just joking!"

The Russian does a facepalm. "Ah, blyat." He mutters. I laugh. "Well, THAT happened."

There's another moment of silence before I speak. "Sooo top or bottom?"

"GERMANY!" His face is entirely red now. I keep laughing.

There's a tug on my line. Our heads both whip to the source of the sound. I start to reel it in, slowly at first, but then faster. When I finally manage to yank it out, it plummets right back in. I stand up, trying to get a grip on the mud with my boots. Russia puts his pole down and comes to help me, putting his big, vermillion hands on the pole.

We keep pulling, and eventually, the creature flopped out onto the slick mud below us. I handed the line to Russia sand slid down to the edge of the water. And oh my gosh.

This thing was HUGE! It was at least the size of a small child, and it looked a lot like a grouper. It used to be thrashing around, but now it was just lying on the ground, probably gasping for water.

Russia appears next to me. "Holy f....frick."

I squat down, stroking the fish's body. It was smooth and rubbery. And it probably was going to taste DELICIOUS for dinner.

Suddenly, a hand makes sharp contact with my back and I'm shoved into the water. I right myself upwards, swimming to the surface and gasping for air.

Russia's laughing his butt off. "Ohhh my god...that was hilarious!" I scowled at him, swimming back to the edge. My trousers and shirt were soaked, leaving my skin frigid.

I reached for Russia's hand to pull me up, but when he took it, I yanked him into the lake with me. He surfaced with a very wet hat covering his eyes. I laughed. "Feel my pain, Scheißkerl."

He splashed me with water, earning one back. "Feel it yourself, cyka blyat!"

We kept splashing and swimming until the sky turned rosy. We were both tired, so we decided to swim back to land.

There, we lay on the grass, panting from exhaustion.

"Well...I think...we got...our exercise...for today..." I say. Russia nods his head in agreement. "Maybe we should go home," he adds.

I shrug. "Sure. Although we'll have to explain to Austria why we have a giant fish and we're soaking wet. Not that it'll be a challenge."

He chuckles. "We'll think of an excuse of our way there."

____________________________________-

ahhh short chapter again iM tErRiBlE-

I tried to make art for this book but I guess my mouse is just not feeling it today, so I'll probably do it traditionally and then post it later

anyways, thanks for 2K guys! I can't thank you enough uwu

Also the deadline for the contest had been extended a little because I'm waiting for an entry, but it won't be too long until we have an awesome new cover huehue

btw, all your covers are FABULOUS. I literally couldn't decide so I had to get someone to help me

as always

have a happie day/night uwuwuwuwu