Chapter Twenty-Three: Life goes on

When Victor entered the library, Alastair Harrington was already sipping hot tea and helping himself to a plate of scones. Harrington looked up at his acquittance and continued with his food. A young dog followed the master of the mansion.

"You look like hell, may I say, Master," Harrington stated. Victor glared at him and sat down in the armchair opposite the guest. The dog laid next to the master's feet and rested its face on the paws. "I did not know you have a dog. Rather adorable mutt."

Victor looked past Alastair.

"The reason I've called you today is because some time ago I've caught a trespasser on the property. He did not give off the aura of danger, which was surprising to me. When I started questioning him, he got so scared he could barely talk, but he did mention something."

Alastair leaned in, curious of what was coming next.

"He mentioned the name of Shreds."

Alastair stroked his beard. "Baron Shreds? The obnoxious noble man who indulges himself into seven deadly sins?"

Victor nodded. "I didn't manage to get any more information out of the trespasser."

"How is that possible?" Alastair raised his eyebrows.

Victor clenched his right hand into a fist. "Every time I have made an attempt to speak to him, he fainted."

Alastair could not help but laugh. "This is ridiculously brilliant Victor," he crossed the arms on his chest and looked at Victor. "So, you want me to help you extract the information?"

Victor nodded gravely.

"I see," Alastair said thoughtfully. He kept quiet for some time. "Have done what I have suggested to you previously?"

Although the man did not specify what he was talking about, Victor knew that Alastair was asking about Gabriel.

"I have. He is gone."

Harrington could not help but notice the throbbing pain in Victor's voice when he replied. Alastair rested his cheek on his hand and smiled a little. "It is beautiful to be young and in love," he said dreamily. "You have done the right things Victor. Shreds is no fool and he plays dirty. He would not stop at anything to have you."

Victor got up and started pacing back and forth. "I know. Him and I have a history even though he is not aware of it." Victor threw Alastair and meaningful look. His guest nodded.

"Lead me to your..." Alastair stopped trying to find the right words, "Prisoner." He stood up and straightened his suit. "I know this is not the right time to tell you, but Victor..." he smiled with a smile only Alastair Harrington can pull off. "I will add this to your debt."

Victor's body tensed, but he nodded.

"Understood. I will give you what you want, but only after you help me."

***

The night was cold. Johnathan Archer walked down the empty street, quickly making his way to the small house which he occupied with his partner. Cold wind blew into his face making him shiver. He fixed his bag on the shoulder and fastened his pace. He saw the light dancing in the window. It was inviting and Archer could barely wait to slip inside the warm room. Archer knocked on the door and it opened almost instantly. Lee let him inside and quickly locked the door. Archer dropped the bag on the floor and hanged his coat. Lee handed him a cup of warmed wine and sat down at the table.

Archer sat down near the fire and sipped the wine. He watched his partner as he worked at the table. The warmth was eagerly spreading through his veins, leaving a pleasurable tingling feeling in his body. Archer finished the wine and set the cup aside. He stood up and slowly walked to Lee. Lee felt his arms on his shoulders. He closed his eyes while Archer massaged his shoulders and neck. His rough fingers moved just the way Lee liked it: slow and hard. As Archer traced his thumb from Lee's shoulder up his neck, Lee felt strong dull pain. He shuddered feeling the shivers run down his spine. Lee loved this type of pain and he loved Archer's hands which knew where to press. He moaned quietly and his moans were the best praise Archer could have. His manhood hardened. Archer took a few deep breaths trying to calm his desires, but Lee had other plans.