Chapter Twelve: Reach out to the Sun

Jeremy

I watched them as they exited the carriage and made their way to the main entrance of the mansion. I watched as they walked in and as the door closed. And then there was nothing yet again. The night was calm and quiet. I walked around the mansion and looked at the window of their bedroom: a room for two. A man and a man. A hint of dim light appeared. Someone must have lit a candle. I wondered what they were doing. I knew very well that they were not related, then why did they spend the nights together? The thought would not leave me in peace. What was going on between them? I wanted to know. There was a constant ache in my chest whenever Gabriel went to Victor, whenever Gabriel was with him. I cannot explain this urge to capture him and make him mine and mine alone. These sickening thoughts dwell in my mind from night till dawn. Every time it is harder and harder to control my desires, because when I see him, I want to push him down and do illicit acts with his body.

I do not think he ever realized how I was looking at him. Young Lord, you are so naïve, unlike your master. He noticed immediately. That is why he is always watching when you come to the garden with me. That is why he is always so cautious to leave you alone in my care. I cannot blame him, but I hate him.

Right now, I can see shadows moving in the bedroom. I cannot tell what you are doing, but somehow, I have a feeling it is something I want to do to you.

Why are you with him, Gabriel?

You two are so different.

He is not good for you.

Please understand it soon.

He is not worth your love.

***

It was already noon. Hughes made his way up the gorgeous staircase, carefully looking around to see if the staircase and carpets were perfectly cleaned for when the master wakes up. He trailed his index finger on the handrail checking for dust, but everything was perfect. A delighted look crossed his stern, serious face.

Hughes stopped in front of the door that led to the master bedroom and cleared his throat. He wondered for a moment if he should or should knock on the door. Hughes decided he should.

A soft knock on the door made Victor move his gaze from Gabriel's sleeping face to the door. He stood up and quickly put his trousers on before opening the door.

"Please forgive me Master, did I wake you up?" Hughes bowed lowly but Victor did not seem to notice. His whole mind was occupied with the young man peacefully sleeping on the bed. Gabriel shifted in his sleep and curled into a ball. A small smile crossed Victor's lips. Without looking away from the young man, he asked:

"What is it Hughes?"

"It is already noon, Master; I was wondering if you would like to have your breakfast or your lunch,"

"Breakfast, Hughes, today I want pancakes, scones, raspberry and apricot jam, and everything else that is usually served for breakfast."

"Yes master,"

Hughes bowed once again before turning around and leaving. "Oh, and Hughes, fresh strawberries...for Gabriel," the door was shut in front of Hughes face before he could catch a glimpse of his master's weakness. Hughes crossed his arms on his chest and quickly made his way downstairs. He was ready and willing to give the orders to his subordinates.

***

Victor stroked Gabriel's soft cheek. Young man looked peaceful. His eyelashes trembled and he finally opened his eyes. As soon as their eyes met Gabriel blushed deeply and tried to hide his face. Without a word Victor grabbed his arm. Just by the look on his face Gabriel could tell that Victor did not want him to hide his expression, and so young man gave in. They lay in bed just looking into each other's eyes, studying each other's features. No words were needed.