Chapter Fourteen: Changes

"Sit down," Victor closed the door and approached the table. Gabriel did not move an inch. The shock was still too great to overcome. Victor stood next to the young man and was about to put his hand on Gabriel's shoulder when young man pulled away abruptly. Victor did not like it. He furrowed his eyebrows but held back on any actions or comments. "Sit." He repeated and sat down as well. With shaky legs Gabriel walked to an armchair and sat down on the edge. The thoughts in his head were completely messed up. He did not know what to think. Two men embraced the silence.

Victor could not decide where to start off and so, he spoke his mind.

"I was in love with your mother," he said emotionlessly. "We were engaged."

Gabriel dropped the book he held tightly in his hands. It fell on the carpet floor making a dull hitting sound, but young man did not react. Victor's words pierced him through; the feeling was worse than being cut with a sharp knife.

"That was twenty years ago," Victor continued. "I met Angelica in the forest. She was gathering herbs on one of the warmest summer mornings. I fell in love with her as soon as I saw her. You can say it was 'love at first sight' and I think it was mutual. We were happy. I loved her like there was no tomorrow, but then..." Victor stopped as if he was trying to find the courage to speak the following lines. "Something happened and Angelica broke off the engagement. Without any explanations she married Lord Angelo and nine months later, they had you,"

Tears that were building finally broke their barrier and started flowing down his pale cheeks. Gabriel did not make a sound as his heart and body cried. He stared at the wall behind Victor without blinking. Gabriel could not squeeze a word out of himself.

"I could not do anything. I was looking for a meeting with her, but it was impossible, your father..." Victor gritted his teeth. "Guarded her like an Irish wolfhound. I was desperate and frustrated. Only once I have managed to catch a glimpse of her, but the only thing she mouthed to me was 'sorry'."

All the sadness that Victor felt throughout the years seemed to slowly start flowing out through his words. Gabriel felt different vibrations eradiating from master's body. Victor clenched his hands together trying his best to calm down, but it was complicated. The negative emotions and his inner beast started a fight side by side against Victor's body, against his will. The tension rose in the air.

The atmosphere was changing quickly.

The silence was pressuring. Gabriel cried silently. He felt cold. The uncontrollable emotions were flowing out. The change in Victor's actions was not reaching Gabriel's brain, as if it was completely switched off. He could only think of Victor's words, causing his heart to pound harder in his chest. His aching being was crashed.

"I loved her so much," Victor said again. "Nine years later I was captured by your father's hunters and brought to the mansion. That was when I saw you for the first time. You looked so much like her." Victor's gaze softened. "You still look just like her,"

*It hurts.* Gabriel thought. *Why does it hurt so much? I cannot take this pain. I cannot take it anymore.*

Young man pressed his hand to his lips trying to prevent himself from crying out loud. Tears streamed down his face faster. His hands were wet as salty water from two blue oceans dripped upon them.

"I am not my mother," as Gabriel spoke, he could not recognise his voice. He sounded like a stranger. He stood up and shakily walked to the door. "I'm sorry," he said without turning around. "I've tried..."

"Where are you going?" Victor stood up as well. His body was aching greatly.

"I want to be alone, please forgive me master,"