20: The Change and Betrayal Against Will

Ok, this is going to be not Serenity's POV no more.

****

 Hawkeye growled at the robots clutching on his arms.

 "Get your hands off me!" he thundered.

 The robots continued on to clutch onto him and dragged him to the front of the villains' headquarters.

 They finally let go and Hawkeye fell to the floor.

 "What the hell do you want with me? If you think that they gave me their plans to destroy you, think again."

 "Oh, you're just here for a little experiment," Dr. Octo said, snickering.

 Hawkeye glared at him. "Who's your boss around here?"

 "Our big head hauncho isn't with us right now," Dr. Octo said. "The one we have right now will be coming shortly."

 Hawkeye prepared to stand up but two robots held down onto his shoulders.

 "Well, who's orders are you following now?"

 "That would be me."

 A guy in purple clothing with pants and a shirt came up to Hawkeye. He was also wearing some sort of glasses, also purple. Behind his back were a quiver of arrows and in his hands were a bow.

 He had brown hair too. He exactly looked like Hawkeye, but taller.

 Hawkeye gasped.

 "Barney?"

 "It's not Barney anymore! It's Trick Shot."

 Hawkeye shook his head. "Don't tell me you're following the old Trick Shot's ways?"

 "Look here, brother. This is my time for revnge now. In fact, it's not only my time but every villain's time to stand up and finally see their rivals put behind jail bars themselves."

 "You wouldn't be behind jail bars if you would stop doing criminal activities in the first place and stop trying to figure out a way for revenge."

 "True," Trick Shot said. "What's more fun if we bring in two villains from different universes? And let's make it bigger by alliancing with other villains. And let's bring in the superheroes too, since we all have one thing in common: hate for the heroes. And I suppose another thing in common is vengeance. I mean, we all had our way to get revenge for the hero who put us down."

 Hawkeye rolled his eyes. "Well, you're making a big mistake for this."

 "I don't think so, you see, when we eliminate you heroes, the world will be under our control and we will soon conquer other worlds and maybe also ally ourselves with other villains who want their heroes destroyed."

 "And you're just going to keep continuing this cycle?" Hawkeye said. "You can't keep this up forever!"

 "Oh, we can try," Trick Shot said. He turned to Dr. Octo.

 "Prepare the shot."

 Octo turned away.

 "Shot? What shot?" Hawkeye asked.

 "Oh, we're also trying this new experiment for you little heroes. I mean, maybe destroying you forever might be a little harsh but we can also try to get our heroes to be a little bad as well."

 Hawkeye raised his eyebrows. "What? Is this some new medicine you're going to inject us with?"

 "You'll be our first test drive, brother," Trick Shot said.

 Dr. Octo came back out. He was carrying a syringe with pink fluid swirling inside it.

 "Where's that going to do?" Hawkeye cried, attempting now to escape. The robots still held onto his shoulders and now grabbed his arms apart.

 "I think I'll like it on his arm," Trick Shot said. "On the right."

 Octo came closer to Hawkeye.

 Hawkeye struggled to fight back. He pushed himself away from the syringe.

 "No, I won't take that! You can't! I won't! Please, brother. You're making a mistake."

 "You'll finally get a chance to feel what it's like."

 "Like what? I'm not becoming a monster!"

 "I'm pretty sure you're girlfriend's going to like your new look. Unless, she prefers being with that other green wannabe arrow guy."

 "No, she wants to be with me! Stop! Don't!"

 Octo stuck the syringe deep into Hawkeye's right arm.

 Hawkeye growled in pain and then held his head down. He fell asleep.

 "What now?" Octo asked.

 "Send him to Lizard, he'll do the rest," Trick Shot said. "He'll be our first little test for our newest invention for heroes."

 The robots then pulled Hawkeye away with Octo following.

 "Trick Shot."

 A major screen appeared on the big TV. It was Thanos.

 "Have you tried the new injection?"

 "All done, Mr. Big Boss."

 "Good. Even though the killing will be all right, why not also try to attempt a way for all of us to have fun?"

 "Indeed," Trick Shot said. "I'll see to our little test. Have you prepapred armies, sir?"

 "I've got them all ready and more to come. Prepare yourself and the rest of our villains. A great war is coming."

 "And major battles to come with it," Trick Shot agreed.

 Thanos laughed. "I will return shortly."

 The screen shut off and Trick Shot went to check on his experiment.

 The End.

****

 The music video, Battlefield by Jordin Sparks is the book's main theme song. If you listen to it, it kind of makes sense. If you don't understand then I'll explain: throughout the story, Serenity is having trouble with trying to be with Hawkeye. Green Arrow then comes along and it makes Serenity challenge her love for Hawkeye. She wants to stay with him but it's hard because Hawkeye's pulling more away from her and she's going to Green Arrow more. She feels like she's caught in a battle trying to choose between her boyfriend or this new guy who likes her. It's also a battle for Hawkeye and Green Arrow trying to win Serenity's love.

****

 The story continues in The Princess of Archery (Hawkeye&Serenity Book 3). Now available.