9: Message

"I think we have found a connection to the other universe," Wonder Woman said. "The Orinistas were playing around with our communication systems and they think they found the connection."

 "A connection?" Hal asked.

 "We can try to send a message," Superman said. "Hawkgal, send a couple of words over to see if the connectio works."

 Hawkgal typed in some words. They were hey, what's up?

 "Sending right now," she said.

 "Do you think that Nick can get it?" I asked.

 "I'm sure that this will take a while to send," Superman said. "The message will probably...."

 "Incoming message, livestream," Hawkgal said.

 A message appeared on the board. A man with an eye patch over his eye was looking at us.

 "Tony? Barton? Natasha? Banner? Thor? Serenity?" Nick asked.

 "Nick!" I shouted.

 "Been a while, Fury," Tony said. "Where have you been?"

 "Where have I been? Where have you been? I've been trying to contacy you ever since you went to the other side of the universe. I was going to give up and try to wait for you guys to contact me from your side but it looks like your side work."

 "So, you're Nick Fury?" Superman asked.

 "Yes, I'm a director of S.H.I.E.L.D," Nick said. "And you must be..."

 "Superman of the Justice League," Superman said. "We are like the Avengers but have more concern for justice and the safety of our citizens."

 "I see," Nick said. "Are there any other hero groups?"

 "Just the Orinistas. We fought the villains a while ago."

 "How amy were there?"

 "Couldn't tell how many but there was a lot of them."

 "I do know some supers that could come and help you. I can send them over. Do you have a portal?"

 "Not yet but we do indeed plan to make one. At least we can contact you."

 "Yes, at least you did. Now you can message me. Which um...is Serenity there?"

 "I'm here," I said.

 "I have a message from your mother."

 I winced. I haven't seen or heard from my mother for a while. I haven't even talked to her.

 "What did she say?"

 "Just to take the superhero thing easy and um....the other thing."

 I nodded. "Understood."

 "Is someone working the portal?"

 "Banner and Wayne's scientists are at work on it."

 "That's good. How long will it take?"

 "We're not sure," Batman said. "Though I do believe the portal will come to work shortly soon."

 I began to walk away a little bit.

 "We do believe that our villains are teaming up with your villains, which is true of course," Superman continued. "And one of the Orinistas have a former member join them."

 "Tell me about these Orinistas," Nick said, interested.

 "Well, they're a bird superhero group," Superman began.

 And so I ran off, hoping everyone was distracted by this.

****

 I flushed water all over my face. Why did Nick tell me that? Why did he say something about the other thing? I really hoped that they just mistaked it for something else. I didn't want Hawkeye to get all worried about me.

 I ran out the bathroom and headed for the rooms.

 "Sereni?"

 Oh boy.

 "There you are," Hawkeye said, coming up to me. "Um, what did Nick say about the 'other thing'?"

 "Um," I said, trying to figure out how to put. "You see..."

 "Is your mother moving?"

 "Well, to tell you the truth..."

 "Does Nick want you to become a part of S.H.I.E.L.D?"

 "No, it's just..."

 "Don't tell me you found another man?"

 "No, I didn't!" I yelled. "It's just that I'm a princess!"

 Hawkeye gaped. "Princess?"

 I nodded. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you Hawkeye. I didn't want anyone to find out. My mother is Princess Amberlynn something, the daughter of a king and queen of Vistana. Her sister, Lynnie, came and told her about it and this was why she called me in during our date. To break down to me about the princess heritage. Please, don't me mad or whatever so ever. By the way, I'm not worth a million bucks you know."

 Hawkeye nodded. "Well, ok, you're a princess."

 I flinched. "Huh? You don't mind?"

 "You could be a duchess of a made up European country for all I care. It doesn't matter. You're still my love."

 I smiled. "I appreciate that, Hawkeye."

 "I would of done the same thing if I were you. You know, hide it but then confess when someone tells you about something."

 "Yeah, what about the others?"

 "Oh, they'll get over it. Some of them will be like, ok cool, whatever and others, well, they'll just have to suck it up."

 "A princess?"

 We turned around. Green Arrow had his mouth gaped too.

 "You're a princess?" he shouted, running up to us. "Holy crap! That's so freaking cool!"

 "Ollie, keep it down," Hawkeye whispered.

 "Why do you have to be ashame of it?" Green Arrow said. "Be proud of who you are is all I can say."

 "I know," I said. "Thank you, it's just that we want to keep it out from certain people. I mean, I can agree with you guys but...you know..."

 "I see," Green Arrow said. "We wouldn't want a ransom on your head, eh?" He laughed at his own joke.

 Hawkeye glared at him. "Just keep it down. We'll tell the others soon."

 "So, madam, shall I escort you back to the Command Center?" Green Arrow said, bowing down and leading out a hand.

 "Do you mind?" I asked Hawkeye, smiling playfully.

 Hawkeye rolled his eyes, shook his head and sighed. "No," he said, finally grinning. "He's just pretending to be your escort. And allow me to be your right escort."

 He did the same what Green Arrow did.

 I laughed and took both of the men's hands and they escorted me back to the Command Center.