14: A New Strategy

When I woke up, I was on a bed with Natasha standing beside me. "Oh, thank goodness," she said. "You all right?"

 I nodded. "Yeah. I have this headache. I think this girl named Mockingbird said that she was once dating Hawkeye..." Then it came all back to me. "That son of a..."

 "Now, Serenity," Natasha said. "We didn't know that Mockingbird was coming with them."

 "No, what is dumb is that Hawkeye never told me that he was in a relationship before me!" I growled. I thought about screwing that head of his round and round...

 "Well, she knows that you and Hawkeye are in a relationship," Natasha said.

 "Yeah, until she gets him back," I huffed.

 "He says he's sorry anyway. He didn't know Mockingbird would appear back in his life."

 "And he 'so' didn't want to tell me about her."

 "He didn't know that this would happen."

 I grumbled and laid back down on my bed. "What will happen next?"

 "Hey, maybe Mockingbird and you can get to know each other. And there will be peace."

 "No," I said. "I have a funny feeling with her. I swear, Nat."

 "No, I don't think so. You're just paranoid over the fact that Hawkeye had a girlfriend before you."

 "WHAT?!"

 "Are you sure that you're not jealous?"

 "I'M NOT!"

 "No need to scream. Just stay calm and relax."

 "I'm sorry but I'm just...ugh!"

 "We need to come up with a strategy," Natasha said. "If anything were to make Mockingbird want Hawkeye back, you have to show her that you love Hawkeye and that you just want to be with him, no one else."

 "Yet she might find a way."

 "Think positive. I think that she just wants to know you more and how Hawkeye's doing. And if anything funny she thinks might be happening and wants Hawkeye back, you have to prove her wrong."

 "Thanks," I said to Natasha. "And hopefully, I can get Hawkeye to tell me what the heck is going on?"

****

 "Oh, you're awake!" Hawkeye cheered when I got out of the room.

 "Spill," I snapped.

 "What?"

 "You know, you and Mockingbird."

 "Oh."

 He hesitated a little. "Well, I admit it....we did have something but now it's all gone."

 "How come you didn't tell me?"

 "I didn't know she was going to come back," Hawkeye said.

 "Oh, and what if she did?"

 "Sereni, all that matters is us now. Now that we have the Avengers teaming up with superheroes, both from our world and another, we have to figure out something so that we can maintain peace between us yet stop the villains at once."

 "Oh, and maybe just by going, 'Hey, everyone. Let's just go out there and kick some villain butt!'"

 "Ok, we'll talk about the whole Mockingbird situation later. Right now, we need to help make peace between one another and form a plan to stop the villains."

 "And we got one right now," a voice came.

 Green Arrow started heading toward us. "The villains in their little cages were spilling about something about holding down 2 superheroes."

 My heart leaped. "What?"

 "They have 2 superheroes out in Metropolis, in prison. They said that it was underground."

 "Does it mean?" I asked.

 "Yes, we think that it's Serenity's father and maybe someone else important. Our new strategy is to bust them out and then the real fighting will begin."

****

 Here's a pic of Mockingbird for all those who are curious about her. Sorry for this short update too.