6: Flighton

SO sorry if I haven't updated this for like a long time....so I'm going to try to work on this as much as I can along with maybe other stories....If I haven't been able to update this it's because I've been doing homework, etc.... Well, now let's get back to the point if Serenity is getting closer to Green Arrow or Hawkeye....

****

 "Now, I know what we did out there wasn't the best," Superman said, standing in front of the screen, showing the damage of the Wayne Enterprises destruction. "I think we could of done better though."

 "Better?" Steve stood up from his chair. "I think we could of done better if we didn't screw things up back there."

 "Steve," Wonder Woman said. "Calm down. It was our first shot. We were outnumbered in a way."

 Steve sat back down in his chair. "Well, if were so outnumbered, how come we don't get reinforcements?"

 "We actually lost some reinforcements before you guys came here," Batman said. "A couple of our people were taken away and never seen again."

 "Ouch," Tony said. "That's really gotta hurt. I mean, I can see if Nick can bring some reinforcements here, once we get this portal open...."

 "There is this one reinforcement we can contact," Hawkgal said.

 Hawkman shook his head. "Really, Hawkgal, you would..."

 Hawkgal jabbed her elbow into his stomach. "This will be the only way..."

 "It is the only way," Superman said.

 "What way?" Banner asked.

 "Avengers," Superman said. "Why don't I show you around Flighton?"

****

 "Ok, please give me the 411 again," Tony said, panicking. We were on a ship, heading off to a city called Flighton.

 "Flighton is just like a everyday city but it's being occupied and saved by a group of bird-women," Aquaman said. "The bird-women are superheroes. They have kept the city safe since we arrived."

 "Are they that old?" Steve asked.

 "Well, old enough for you to asemble," Green Arrow joked. "They're not that bad. It's just that we never actually made a decision to actually team up once. We mind our own business and they mind theirs. Pretty simple as that."

 The ship began to hover over Flighton now. Millions of buildings passed by.

 "Where's the headquarters?" I asked.

 "Right here," Superman said, taking the ship down. "Here we are. Hawkgal, can you get the girls ready?"

 "I'm on it," Hawkgal said and flew off.

 The rest of us waited on the ship.

 "So...reinforcements back home?" Tony asked.

 "Stark, we will call Nick if needed," Natasha said.

 Hawkgal came back. "Ok, they're ready to meet the newbies."

 "Prepare to meet the Orinistas," Superman said.

****

 Inside the headquarters, there was a big command room with computer screens monitoring the city. It was all gray and dark metallic.

 I never knew the headquarters were so wide and roomy. Trust me. Wonder Woman told me that were at least 3,000 rooms made for any wounded soldiers.

 "So the Orinistas are the superhero bird women?" I said.

 "Yes, they are our sisters," Wonder Woman said. "Even though we never worked with them, we both learned about each other. This is the start of a new friendship."

 We waited in the command center room.

 Finally, Superman came out with a lot of woman with dresses that had bird feathers on it. One woman had a owl on her.

 She looked like Athena...you know, the goddess of wisdom and stuff?

 "I'm Athennia Owl," the Athena lady said. "And this is my team: Skylark, Nighting Gale, Emu, Kiwi, Skyline, Skylight, Starlight, Moonlight, Woodpecker, Roadrunner, Sparrow and Horus. We are the Ornistas."

 "And you thought it was all girls," Hawkman said, nudging Superman.

 I looked at the Ornistas. 3 birds were male.

 "Yes, Horus, Roadrunner and Woodpecker are male," Athennia said. "And we had another male named Grackle. Sadly, he left for he wanted to be a villain," Athennia said.

 "He's probably with them right now," Green Arrow said. "Probably making their next attack."

 "Attack?" Athennia said.

 "A group of our villains attacked us," Superman said. "I fear that they may be heading for your city next. Another group here, the Avengers, have their villains haunting this region. We think their main villain boss is planning a gigantic superhero-villain war."

 "If he's going to plan this, he shall now only round up your army of villains but as well as their army of villains," Athennia said. "We will help you. I suppose Grackle, like you said, will join this rampage and encourage others. Do the Avengers have other superheroes they may come in contact with?"

 "Yes, this is where I get to call Nick!" Tony said. He clapped a little and walked around. He stopped.

 "Um, do you girls have any communication thing to another world?"

 "We can try to construct one," Athennia said. "It'll take us a while. For now, let us rest my brothers and sisters. Let us get to know one another for a little bit."

****

 The Ornistas gave us water and food and led us to the lounge area to relax. The lounge area had a TV and some couches scooted around.

 "So...princess from a place?" Wonder Woman said.

 Yes, I told her I was a princess.

 Wonder Woman was pretty much the only superheroine that I felt comfortable with telling the princess thing. I had to let it off my chest.

 "Don't worry, I've learned about my princess heritage too," Wonder Woman said, sipping her coffee. "It took me a while to stop denying it. Though I would tell your friends if I were you soon."

 I glanced at the Avengers.

 "Only what if they don't accept me?" I asked. "I mean, what if they see that as a princess, they'll kick me out because I have royal issues?"

 "No, I can't see it," Wonder Woman said. "You've got Hawkeye. He'll defend you."

 "Yeah and he'll see that I'm miss millions here," I said, sighing.

 Wonder Woman patted my back. "He'll still be on your side and love you."

 I smiled. "Thanks, Diana."

 Wonder Woman nodded. "You can always come up to me if you have any boy issues."

 A signal went off. A blarring alarm screamed.

 Midnight ran out with Athennia to find out the signal.

 They came back later.

 "Villains are attacking the city!" Athennia said. "Let's move in and find them."

 "Alright!" Flash hollered. "Time for some action!"