Chapter 13

Chapter 13

It felt like the words hello beautiful echoed throughout the whole parking lot. She stood there noticing a big smile spreading across his face as he said, "wait, now? But I thought?!". Not long after he hung up and still with a big smile on his face he placed his phone back in his pocket as he said "sorry but, I... I uhm I have to go" and by that he pulled her into a quick hug and left her all alone on the parking lot. As she saw him disappear around the corner she broke down. She let herself slide down the wall onto the pavement and let go of the tears. She had no idea how long she had been sitting there. But as she whipped the tears away from her face she noticed how only a few cars were left in the parking lot and the areal laid out quiet. She stood up and walked up to the front of theater to see if she could see anyone. Slowly she started walking back home. All alone she walked trough the streets trying to figure out her way home, while replaying the night over and over in her head.

As she reached the same house for the third time she was ready to give up and started looking around for a cab "this couldn't be any worse right" she thought to herself as she recognized the pizza place from the other night across the street. In that moment she remembered she still haven't gotten anything to eat beside breakfast that day. As she slowly approached the window she recognized that bright smile she had been so drawn too just a couple of hours earlier. An inner fight started to take place in her, should she go inside get her pizza and just leave ignoring him, or should she take the chance to go in and if he saw her play along? As she decided to go get her pizza and quickly leave again she noticed a blond sitting across from him holding his hand. Camilla could feel her heart once more become utterly heavy as she saw how the two of them moved in closer and shared a kiss. She couldn't believe it had all been true, he did in fact have a girlfriend. In panic she started to run away from the pizzeria, she felt like panic attack was coming over her. The heat in her body started to rise, the world began to spin and her breath shorted. All she would was disappear into a hole and hide her head, hide from the world and hide from that night. She found a bench a few block away and managed to get her head back together and her breath back to normal. Still confused about the whole thing she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket

Joey: I never got the chance to say goodbye to you! *Insert sad emoji here* so I guess I'll just have my pizza some other day. It was lovely to see you again! - Joey

A smile spread across her face as she wiped away her tears, took a deep breath and dialed Joey's number. She sat there on a bench god knows where crying over one boy yet still managing to call another one, "well hello there my friend" Joey said as he picked up the phone "hi uhm, I was wondering one thing..." she said as she took a short break the silence were broken by Joey saying, "don't tell me you're not wanna see me for the second pizza" a smile spread across her face as she continued "no, no I would love too. Maybe just not tonight, but one thing tho. Would you mind picking me up and drop me off at home? I sort of lost my 'friend' earlier and started to walk and I guess you could say I'm lost" there was a short moment of silence on the other end of the phone. Followed by what Camilla would have guessed was a car unlocking. The smile on her face only grew bigger as his respond to her was "sure, that's what real friends are for" "thank you! I'm just outside the pizza place from the other day" she said as she heard the sound of his car starting. Without any respond he hung up and Camilla was left alone and in silence once more. She slowly got up and started to find her way back towards the pizza place. Just as she turned the last corner she saw AJ and the blond girl from earlier leave the place hand in hand. That's when she realized the girl she bumped into the first day in Chicago that wasn't friendly at all was the same girl holding his hand. In an attempt to hide from the two of them she accidently knocked over the trashcan, which caused it to make a loud sound. The sound caught the attention of the two people and they turned their heads towards Camilla. She stumbles onto her feet's and as the two of them came closer to her she put this awkward face on. As they got closer Camilla started to realize how she really didn't like the situation she was in, seeing them holding hands it felt like her hear breaking into small pieces for each step they took closer to her. As they reached her, AJ let go of the girls hand and sent Camilla big smile as he said "hey you okay there?" unable to say anything Camilla simply nodded as a respond to him "good, I don't think the two of you have met, this is my girlfriend Devon. Devon, this is Cam the girl that was sweet enough to share her cab into town the other day" he said still smiling at the both of them. Devon sent Camilla a big smile as she stretched out her hand and said "nice to meet you" in the same moment Camilla took hers and was about to speak a car pulled up next to them. All of them turned their heads towards the car, as Joey inside became visible he sent everyone a smile and said, "your ride is here my lady" "I... I have to get going. Nice to meet you" Camilla said as she almost jumped through the window of the car.