Chapter 16

Chapter 16

As the sun started to settle and more and more people arriving at the park, Camilla got up from her quiet spot on the bench to go look for Charlie. Not long after she noticed him sitting by the side of the lake throwing his last pieces of bread out into the water after the ducks. A smile spread across her face as she tip toed up behind him, as she sat down next to him she said “what ya doing?” Charlie sent her a surprised yet happy face towards her, as he threw yet another lump of bread towards the ducks, “not to ruin all this fun you’re seem to be having here, but we need to go home and get something to eat. I’m pretty sure your princess of a big brother is home by now” a high childish laugh came from Charlie, while Camilla was struggling to hold back her own laugh as pictures from last night of a sleeping Andrew wearing a boa and a tiara started to replay in her head, “now come on” she said as the both of them started walking towards the car.

As the two of them got closer and closer to the car, Camilla seemed to recognize the person leaning towards the car with three white cups in his hand. As they got closer Charlie seemed to recognize this person too, he grabbed Camilla’s hand and pulled her down as he tried to whisper to her “isn’t that the same boy who was outside this morning?” as a smile spread across Camilla’s face the two of them had reached the car and before neither could say anything, they were both handed a cup. As she took a big sip of her cup, she looked over at the boy as she said, “there better not be coffee in his cup” “no this was a special coffee and hot coco delivery” Joey said as he sent her a smile, “but how did you know we would be here?” “Well first I’ve been calling and texting you a few times without any luck, then I went by the house to see if you were there, instead I ran into this Andrew guy and he told me you were here with little Charlie” a smile spread across Joey’s face, “well I turned my phone off earlier, because I needed to get away, but thank you for coffee and stuff, but Charlie and I need to get going and get home” Camilla said as she unlocked the car and opened her own door, “yeah about that, see I walked here, so maybe you and Charlie could give me ride to the theatre?” he said as he sent them both a big smile, “look Joey I…” Camilla started but was cut off by Charlie saying, “okay!” as he jumped into his own seat. A big smile spread across Joey’s face as he opened the door and got into the car. Before getting in Camilla took out her phone and turned it on, as she was about to get inside the phone started to buzz out of control. She took it out and looked at it, as she was about to look trough her new coming texts her phone began to ring from a number she didn’t know, “hello?” she answered carefully “Cam, I finally reached you. I’ve been calling all day, are you mad at me or something?” Cam looked through the car window and saw Joey and Charlie goofing around, a smile spread across her face as AJ continued in the other end, “Cam please tell me if I did something wrong. At least talk to me for a second” she took a deep breath before she answered him “look AJ I had a good time yesterday, I just need some time to process it all, I gotta go” and by that she hung up and got in the car. The same second she opened the door the air filled up with laughter from both of the boys, she got in and they drove off in silence.

As they pulled up in front of the theatre Joey leaned in and placed a small kiss on her cheek before leaving the car. As Charlie and herself drove back to the house Charlie told yet another story filled with dragons, knights and princess.

As the car pulled up in front of the house, Camilla noticed a couple of cars parked out front that normally wasn’t parked there. As they got into the house the were immediately greeted by Andrew at the door, “so before you freak out and become all mad at me, this was planned all along, I kinda forgot to tell you about it” he said as they walked in, a bit afraid of who would be in there Cam walked into the living room only to discover it being filled up with everyone in the cast of Book of Mormon. A sigh escaped Cam’s lips as she quickly looked around the living room to look for AJ, as she turned around and looked back at Andrew she said “uhm I just have one question, is he here?” before Andrew had a chance to answer she heard her name behind her “Cam!” she put on a fake smile as she turned around in the direction of the voice “hi” she said quietly as AJ got closer to them, Cam looked over her shoulder towards Andrew, as their eyes met he mouthed a simple ‘sorry’ towards her as he walked away, “uhm is there anywhere we can talk more private?” AJ asked as he reached her, another sigh escaped her lips as she said “sure”

The two of them walked together upstairs and into her bedroom, as they got in she didn’t close the door behind her; she wished that any second Charlie would come running taking her away. AJ sat down on her bed while she pulled over a chair but not to close to the bed. After some time of them just sitting there, AJ broke the silence, “Cam I feel like you have been avoiding me all day, and last night you seemed like you couldn’t get away fast enough, please at least tell me what I have done wrong” she took a deep breath as her brain worked on finding an excuse for why she have been acting like she had. She would do anything to not tell him the truth; he would think he was crazy. Her brain came up with nothing; all she could do was tell him the truth. She took yet another deep breathe as she could feel a tear staring to build up in the corner of her eye, “yes I have been avoiding you, and yes I couldn’t get away from yesterday fast enough. You sure you really wanna know why?” AJ nodded and moved just a bit closer to her as she continued, “well you’re gonna think I’m crazy. But it actually all started when I met you on my first day here when we shared that cab. I know it sounds weird and everything, but I had a really good time. Then we came to all the texting, the dinner with Andrew and Nic. Then Andrew keep telling me that whenever you and I went out he kept convincing me it was a date. I mean at first I doubted it but then we almost kissed a couple of times, and then last night you took me to see that show and until that point I had no idea you had a girlfriend” the tears started rolling down her cheeks, as he took her hand and said “Cam sweetie I had no idea you…” she cut him off “please let me finish first okay? Well all in all I was stupid enough to think you liked me too, that was until she showed up, I suddenly was a no one and you left me in that parking lot, to go get pizza with her. Look AJ you broke my heart so yes that’s why I’ve been ignoring you” it felt like a stone was lifted from her shoulders. AJ was still holding her hands as he moved in close and placed a small kiss on her cheek as he said “I’m sorry, is there anyway I can make this better?” before any of them had a chance to answer Charlie came running in as he said “camcamcamcamcamcam Andrew needs you downstairs” she got up and followed Charlie downstairs.

As she got into the kitchen she were still fighting to hide her tears away, as she walked in Andrew noticed her tears and pulled her into a hug as he said “I know, I know. I heard everything. Look why don’t I send these people home and you go find that book from earlier and I’ll make us something nice to eat huh?” she pulled back a little as she said “no it’s fine, it actually feels nice to have told him you know? Go be with your guest I’ll just take the book with me back to my room” she said as dried up the last tears, “okay if that’s what you want. If you need to talk you know where to find me” Andrew said as Camilla left the kitchen and went back towards her room.

Later her phone buzzing awaked her, she sat up in bed picked up her phone and looked at the time, 11:15 pm. As she sat up she realized she must had fallen asleep while reading. She answered the phone with a tired “hello?” “Cam, please don’t hang up on me I need to talk to you” a drunk AJ said in the other end “uhm are you drunk” Camilla asked already knowing the answer to her question “yes, yes I am but that’s not the point, I need to tell you that…” Camilla cut him off short as she said, “I don’t think we should be talking about anything okay? I’m hanging up now” “Cam wait” “goodbye AJ” Camilla said as she hung up and got herself back into bed.