Chapter 19

Chapter 19

The next morning she awoke as the sunlight gently kissed her cheek. For a short set of time she felt like her life was going as it always did, that was until she turned to take short glimpse of her phone. Then everything came rushing back over like a wave filling the beach with water. Before she could do anything she heard a knock on the front door downstairs. She got up slowly as she put on her glasses she found her way downstairs. As she peeked out she saw that the front porch were empty. To make sure, she slowly opened the door, still with a hand on the door ready to slam it close if someone were actually out there. As door fully opened it revealed an almost empty front porch. The only thing out there was a box on top of the box were a note saying

'Put me on and meet me at 151 West Randolph St. at 7. Can't wait to see you'

She took an extra look around the place to see if she could see anyone, but the place was empty besides the few cars driving by every now and then. She picked up the box and brought it with her back to her room. Carefully she placed it on her bed and started to open it up. Inside a red dress became visible. Once again she picked up the note and looked at it; she couldn't recognize the handwriting and the person hadn't left a name or a clue to who it could be. The note said at 7 so she knew she had a few hours to still go see the city. But as she started to get ready her phone started to buzz, she picked it up and as she saw Andrews' name on the display a smile spread across her face, with an almost childish voice she picked it up and said, "Hi" "Cam I'm so sorry I haven't called you until now, everything just been super busy. So tell me about this horrible night of yours" he said as she let out a sigh and started, "well your parents took Charlie to some cabin or something like that. So I decided upon going out for once and actually exploring the city. Well I found this cute little café and even though I tried my hardest to stay hidden I bumped into Joey..." she was cut off by Andrew saying, "Wait Joey? What happened to AJ?" a small laugh escaped her lips as she continued "I'll get to that calm down. Well he basically invited me to this party him and his friends were having and he promised me that even though AJ would be there I would have fun. So I ended up going..." once more she was cut off, this time it was by another knock at the door, "sorry I have to catch this guy" she said as she walked back downstairs, "catch who? What's happening Cam?" "Earlier this person left a box with a dress and a note on the front porch but no name, I swear..." she said as she opened the door. On the other side of the door a girl with a bouquet of flowers, the girl handed Camilla the bouquet and a note and the she left. a voice came from the phone "Cam are you still there?" "Yeah, yeah I'm right here" "what happened? The box person?" Camilla looked around as she said "not sure, I just got handed a bouquet of flowers with a card" "well read the card then" Andrew said a little too excited, a sigh escaped Camilla's lips as she picked out the card and read "I hope you're feeling better again" "wait that's all?" Andrew asked "Okay you need to tell me the story to the end I think you skipped something" "alright, so I ended up going to their party and for the longest time I did have fun, that was until AJ walked through the door, and was heading straight for me. Well in short we ended up talking and he told me how he felt for me, and between you and me I was happy about that then I remembered he already was dating someone, and I basically told him I didn't wanted to talk to him again" "wow Cam that's hard, I thought you liked this guy" another sigh escaped her lips as she continued "I did but then Joey took me home and I didn't wanted to be alone so I asked if he wanted to come in and we kinda kissed and..." "Wow okay don't tell me you did something to ruin that?" "Well sort of, I don't know. We sat there just looking at each other, then his phone rang, and I sorter just left him a note that I went to bed. Then I texted you and the last thing I remember is AJ texting me saying his sorry for everything and that he hopes we're still friends" "wow okay I see now why you were sad last night. But what's this deal with the dress, secret address and now the flowers?" "I wish I knew Andrew I really do, on that point I know just as much as everyone else" "well are you going to meet this person tonight or?" a sigh escaped her lips as she said "I guess so" "then make sure to tell me everything afterwards okay? Sorry but I gotta run they need me for a scene! Stay safe girl" and by that he hung up.

Still looking at the flowers she was still confused who it could be, and was it the same person or two different?

Later on she got dressed and looked at her image in the mirror, whoever this person was knew her size and what looked good. She picked up her purse and the note contained the address and started walking towards the place. As she turned the last corner a giant sign full of light became visible in the middle of all the light a blue sign said 'Flashdance the musical' in shiny pink letters. As she made her way under the sign she looked around for someone she knew, but not one familiar face was to be seen. As the time hit 7 a man around her own age came up behind her and said "excuse me are you Camilla?" she turned around and sent a smile towards the stranger as she nodded, "perfect! This is for you. Enjoy the show" he handed her a ticket and then quickly disappeared in the sea of people walking on the sidewalk. She looked around and noticed people starting to move inside, so she followed along. She found herself walking inside this glorious building. As she found her way to her seat she sat down and yet again looked around the theatre to spot a familiar face. Yet again she found no one.

As the show hit intermission she were still in the middle of a sea of people she haven't seen before, still wondering who had invited her here, given her the dress, she saw a woman coming up towards her with a big smile on her face. As she reached Camilla she said, "This is for you" she handed Camilla a note before disappearing into the sea of people. Slowly she opened up the note and read

'Glad to see you're enjoying the show. Now afterwards, come to 150 North Dearborn St. You won't regret it'

As she folded the little piece of paper and placed it in her purse she noticed the lights starting to darken and the show hit its second part.

As the show came to an end she got up and almost floated in the sea of people leaving the theatre. As she got out front she stopped a man on the street and it wasn't until they caught eye contact she realized she had seen him before, "Nic hi! Would you mind telling me where I can find 150 North Dearborn St?" "Cam it's been some time! Sure it's down the road that way and then 3rd turn to the left" "thank you so much" she said as she sent him a smile before heading in the direction she had been given. As she reached the placed she walked up to this gorgeous building that said 'Petterino's' fancy she thought to herself as she walked inside. As she walked inside she quickly scanned the place for familiar faces. Once more she came up with nothing. Shortly after a waiter came up behind her and said "Miss Camilla this way please" she didn't know what else to do, so she followed the waiter into a booth in the more private end of the restaurant. As she sat down he handed her a menu card. Only to then leave her all by herself. She started to wonder who this mystery person was. All her questions were answered when walking her way dressed in a button up shirt and tie with a big smile on his face. He came walking.

Authors note:

Who could this guy be? Who do you guys think it is? Let me know in the comments xx Thanks for reading my story xx