Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Camilla was awaken the next morning by the sun shining through her window. Today was her first day off she was excited to go see the park, but in her mind she still kept on replaying her conversation from last night with Andrew. She slowly sat up in her bed, the whole house was quite, so she was sure she was all alone. She got up, put on her glasses and walked downstairs in her PJ. As she reached the kitchen, she discovered she wasn't alone. Mr. and Mrs. Rannells was supposed to still be in New York for some work business thing, and Camilla knew that Andrew and Charlie had a day planned out at the zoo. As she walked around the corner and stepped into the kitchen she saw Andrew sitting by the table eating, as he noticed her he looked up at her and said "good morning to you too" "I...I...I thought that..." "yeah but it's not until after school" "right, right" Camilla mumbled as she grabbed some fruits and sat down by the table. Andrew was the one who broke the silence, "glasses? I didn't know you were one of them" Camilla almost choked on her apple, when she finally was able to speak; she asked "one of them? And yes I do were them, they make me look smart" a small laugh escaped Andrews lips; he looked like he tried to hold it back as he said, "yeah one of those people who wear glasses just to look smart you know? And may I say they do make you look smart young lady" Camilla couldn't stop smiling, he always knew exactly what to say to make her smile "well thank you good sir, and FYI I need these to see, I'm blind as a bat without them, normally I wear contacts and normally I don't show my face to anyone when I'm wearing my glasses" "well excuse me for telling you this young lady, but you are wearing them right now and I can see you" this time it was Camilla who let out a small laugh as she said "I know, I thought you and Charlie was out, I forgot it was Friday and he had school. Now can we talk about something else?" a devilish smile spread across Andrews face as he said "sure. So are you excited for your date today? When is he coming to pick you up?" Camilla let out a sigh before getting another apple and as she started to walk out of the kitchen, she said, "it's not a date, I'm not discussing this with you again. And he'll be here in around an hour or so" as she left the kitchen she heard Andrew yelling at her "I will have the last word. It's a date I saw how you two acted yesterday. It's a date Cam!"

As Camilla got back up to her room, she threw herself on the bed as she thought to herself 'maybe he was right, maybe it would be a date, would it be so bad if it was a date? But wouldn't AJ had said if it was a date? He would, it's not a date' she agreed with herself as she could hear her phone buzz on her bedside table "hello?" "Hi Cam it's AJ, would you be ready if I pick you up say 30 minutes early?" "Uh, I'll be ready then" "perfect, I can't wait to see you" "me neither" Camilla said as she heard AJ hanging up. As she removed the phone from her head, she jumped when she heard a voice from the hallway "see you're blushing, it's a date" Camilla picked up a pillow and threw it in the discretion of Andrew, who stood in the doorway laughing at her. As the pillow hit him he picked it up and said, "fine I leave, I have a brother to pick up after all, have fun on your date" and by that, he was nowhere to be seen. Camilla sat on her bed until she heard the front door close downstairs. She was now sure she was all alone.

All she needed now was to find the perfect outfit, she walked into her closet and looked around, she needed to find something that would be perfect without being too much like something she would wear on a date, because this after all wasn't a date. The first thing she decided on was a denim top, then she found a white skirt with a bow on the front, then a part of see through Toms, a bracelet, a ring and to top it all off she found a white bow to her hair. As she got dressed, she could feel a small amount of butterflies in her stomach starting to fly around. She wanted this to be a date, she knew the boy was cute and good looking and at dinner last night, they had had so much fun, but still she wasn't sure what he wanted this to be, two friends hanging out or two friends on a date. As she stood there looking into her mirror she heard he phone buzz one more time "hi, I'm almost done" she said as she read AJ's name on the display "perfect, I was wondering if you would like some coffee?" "yeah that be great" "perfect, then hurry up and open the door before it's getting cold, I've been her 5 minutes and I keep knocking the door but no one will open up" "sorry about that, I haven't heard I'll be down now" after hanging up Camilla grabbed her purse from yesterday, placed her phone, keys and wallet inside, took another look into the mirror before heading downstairs.