Chapter 20

Chapter 20

The closer he got to her the bigger his smile grew on his face. As he reached the booth he placed a small kiss on her cheek as he said, "I'm glad you decided to show" "wait you're behind all this?" Camilla asked a bit confused, a simple nod came from him as she continued; "so it wasn't accidental I bumped into Nic then?" he sent her another smile as he said, "no I'm afraid not, I needed to make sure you came her after the show, speaking of the show did you like it?" "Yeah I did, look don't get me wrong AJ I enjoyed the show and all off this but I thought I told you I didn't wanted to talk to you anymore" the smile disappeared from his face as he said, "well I just thought..." she reached across the table and placed her hand over his as she said, "I had fun at the show and all of this was really a great thing, I appreciated it okay I..." a smile spread on his face as he cut her off and placed a small kiss on her hand as he said, "let us not spoil the night already, now the food here is amazing, come on at least eat dinner with me and then you can leave, okay?" a small sigh escaped her lips as she said "fine dinner and then I get to go home", he squeezed her hand as he sent her a short nod and a big smile.

Shortly around the corner a waiter came with two plates in his hands. As he placed a plate in front of each of them a smile spread on her face as she said, "wow this looks really good" likewise a smile slowly spread on his face as she said, "I know. I love this place. So about yesterday" at that second the smile disappeared from her face as the thought of yesterdays events. How she had her heart broken yet again thanks to the guy now sitting across the table from her smiling from one ear to the other, and the thought of the kiss between Joey and her, and the flowers this morning. Could they be from AJ, they had to be part of his plan. As the thought of Joey came to her mind her stomach turned and for some reasons she started to feel bad about sitting there across from AJ actually enjoying the meal. She closed her eyes as she took a deep breath, before opening them up again as she said, "what about it?" still with a big smile on his face and some sort of glimpse in his eyes, almost like a kid on Christmas morning, "well no much really, I just wanted to say that I'm really happy that you after all decided to stay considering what you said last night. I know I've done you wrong and believe me I feel awful about the whole thing I really do. But you're here now so I see that as a good sign" as he placed his hand on top of hers and their eyes met across the table, the world seem to stop for a second, they both looked away as a couple of familiar voices came from the entrance. Even though the two of them were placed in a corner in the back of the restaurant, Camilla found herself sliding down a bit in the seat as she saw Joey walking in with Jeff, Ashleigh and Lauren. She grabbed a hold at the edge of the table as she felt the whole world starting spinning around her. As she closed her eyes she felt a hand grab hers, as she slowly opened them up she looked into a pair of brown eyes and a bright smile, "hey what's the matter? Don't worry they wont see us" he said as he pointed in their direction he continued, "see?" she slowly sat back up as she looked in the direction he pointed. She saw how the group of four people were shown to a table at the other end of the restaurant.

After dinner they snuck out of the restaurant trying not to be spotted. As they walked around the corner AJ took her hands and turned so they were now face to face. Camilla looked up into his eyes and she could feel a bit of heat rise to her cheeks, still with her hand in his he said, "you know what? This feels right. I don't know what this is but it feels right. I know I said all you had to do what have dinner with me, but I was wondering if I would have the pleasure of walking you home?" for a second she started to wonder if it was the right move to let him walk her home, but then she remembered that after all she had had a lovely evening with him. As she sent him a simple nod, he placed a small kiss on her cheek as he let go of on of her hands and intertwined his fingers with her other hand. As they walked down the street hand in hand she would from time to time glance up at him and each time the heat would rise to her cheeks.

As they turned and started walking down the garden path, she noticed how he seemed some how nervous and not the same confident he had been showing all night. The closer they got to the front door the more he grabbed her hand tighter for each step they took together. As they reached the front door he pulled her around so once more they were facing each other. As her eyes found his, she could feel how once more the heat rose to her cheeks, for some time all they did were just standing there not really caring for the world around them, AJ was the one who broke the silence, "look Cam I had a really good night with you" a smile spread on her face as he slowly moved in closer. The closer his face came to hers the faster her heart started to beat. As their lips met in a kiss the world around them froze and she felt her body almost collapse under her as they kiss continued.

As they pulled apart a big smile grew on both of their faces, "I had a really good time tonight Cam, I'm glad you decided to stay" AJ said not removing his glance, "yeah me too" Camilla said a bit shy, "well I guess I should head in and to bed now" she continued as she placed a small kiss on his cheek, "oh yeah okay" AJ said as he watched her go back inside.

As she got inside on the other end of the door she let out a sigh and slowly slid down to the floor with the door up against her back, for the first time since she left home she pulled out her phone and decided to text Andrew

Cam: Andrew! If you're up I need to talk to you, you'll never guess who I met today!

As she pressed sent she noticed she had a missed call from Joey and text telling her she had a voicemail, she called it up, "hi Cam it's me, I just thought I saw you but I guess not, anyway I hope you enjoyed the flowers and they made you smile again. I hope you're in a better mood today. Well gotta run see you soon" as the message played out she looked at the flowers, all night she had thought they were part of AJ's plan but now it turned out they were form Joey all along.

Shortly after she got up and as she started walking towards her room her phone rang, "Cam! You have to tell me everything, but make it quick I don't have that long" Andrew said as soon as she picked up the phone, "fine I'll make it quick. We'll I went to the address I told you about, outside some stranger handed me a ticket to see 'Flashdance' I looked around but saw no one I knew, then as the show hit intermission I got handed a note from yet another stranger telling me to go to anther address after the show, still no sign of a familiar face. As the show ended I walked outside and just happens to bump into Nic, now at this point I'm convinced it was just by coincidence you know, I walk to the address and it turns out to be this gorgeous restaurant, when I walk in I'm met by a waiter that apparently know my name and he showed me to this quiet little booth in the back. Then in through the door..." "Wow Cam I need to stop you there, you went through all of this without even knowing who the person at the end is?" Andrew asked cutting her off, a smile grew on her face as she continued, "yeah I don't know why but I had this feeling in my stomach that something good would happen at the end. So well you would never guess who it was, in through the door with the biggest smile on his face came AJ, now at that point I was ready to get up and just leave considering what happened last night, but he convinced me to stay and at least have dinner with him, and between you and me Andrew I'm really glad I did" she could feel the heat rise to her cheeks yet again, "wow Cam I can feel your smile all the way through the phone, but wait what about the flowers then, from him too?" Andrew asked, "No after I said goodnight to AJ, I finally had time to look at my phone and it turns out Joey were the one to send me the flowers" "wow okay. Well I'm really glad you had a great night, because it really sounds like that, but I gotta run they need me back on set. I'll talk to you soon" and by that he hung up. Camilla let out a small sigh as she got under her covers and with a big smile on her face she fell asleep.