Chapter 17 - Two weeks later

Chapter 17 - two weeks later

That morning she sat up in bed as a smile spread across her face. She had her first day off in two weeks. Andrew had left to go back to New York while Mr. & Mrs. Rannells had returned from their trip and had taken little Charlie with them to some family cabin outside of town. She was all alone in the house for the next 48 hours, now the time had come for her to explore the city on her own. For the first time in two weeks she actually had time to do things in her own tempo and was already looking forward to it. She got up and put on her glasses as she went down stairs. As she reached the living room she turned on the big stereo and let her music blast out.

Later she turned off the music, took her phone and put on her shoes before leaving the house. She felt like a proper tourist as she walked around town with her camera hanging around her neck and taking pictures of everything and everyone she saw on her way. Later on she found a little café. She walked in and found a table with a nice view of the park across the road. As she sat there in her own world trying to decide on what to order a couple of familiar faces walked by, slowly she peeked over the top of her menu card trying no to be spotted. As she saw them continuing walking she let out a small sigh, she hadn't been spotted. Shortly after a familiar voice came from the entrance "I thought I saw you peeking out from behind that card" he sat as he put his head out through the door and almost yelled "guys hold up, I was right it was her" before Camilla could do or say anything else she noticed him coming towards her table as the two others came closer to the entrance, "what are you doing here all by yourself? Where's the little guy?" he said as he pulled out the chair next to her and sat down, "look Joey I actually came..." she was cut off by the other two boys coming in "Cam!" Nick said as they both sat down, a smirk came from Jeff as he asked "Cam was it?" a laugh came from all three of them as Joey said "looks like someone is finally seeing the city huh?" he pointed towards her camera as she nodded, "look you guys it was lovely to see you again, but I was just about to get something to eat if you wouldn't mind" she said in hopes of them leaving, "great so were we" Joey said as he sent her a big smile. Shortly after a waitress came to the table and they started ordering. As the waitress left again, the two boys across the table seemed to be in their own crazy world, so Camilla turned to Joey as she said "it was really sweet, but I'm having my first day to actually see this city, I don't need the drama you and your friends seems to bring to my life" he took her hand in his as he said "I'm not here to cause any drama, I'm here because I spotted a beautiful girl I haven't had the pleasure of looking at in a couple of weeks. Now smile that smile of yours you know I like" no matter how hard she tried holding it back, a smile spread across her face. Joey just had that affect on her. As their food arrived Nick said "so Cam I heard you've seen both the shows and because we're tired of discussing this with Joey I'm just gonna ask you. Which of them did you like the most?" the 2 boys just started staring at her awaiting the answer, she looked from Joey to the two others then back to Joey, "well it wouldn't be fair to the other play if I picked a favorite now would it?" she said as she sent them all 3 a smile and started eating her food, "ha see I told you so she liked mine the best" Joey said as he sent her a big smile, "no actually Joey I didn't say that" Camilla said, "that's right, but come on who doesn't love Aladdin?" Jeff said as he winked at her before continuing, "clearly she liked Aladdin the most" "well technically I didn't said I liked that one the most either. Now eat your foods boys, it's not that important" as they ate Joey said "well I actually wanna ask you something. Tonight we're having this get together party for all of our friends and it would be an honor to see you there" he sent her yet one of his smiles, she could feel her cheeks blush a bit, but then she remembered AJ and the fact he was friends with these people too, "well it depends, will AJ be there?" she asked, hoping to get the answer she wanted, "yeah. Oh come on don't tell me you're still not talking?" she shook her head "well that explains all the weird questions he's been asking me lately" "questions?" Camilla asked, "Yeah, I was sure you guys were talking again and stuff. What did happen that day? He's been acting super weird since he was at that party thingy with his cast mates" before Camilla could say anything Nick looked at his clock and said "shoot that time already? Jeff we need to go unless we will be late, and Joey knowing Julia you're gonna get in trouble cause you're late" a small panic spread between the boys. As Jeff and Nick left the table to pay for their food, Joey leaned in and placed a small kiss on her cheek followed by him saying "call me tomorrow I can be your guide if you want" and by that they had all left.

After dinner she found her way back to the house. She walked inside still replaying what really happened between her and AJ that night, and the phone call she had gotten later, what was he trying to tell her? Still wondering she felt her phone buzz in her pocket, she pulled it out and saw Joey's name on the screen, she smiled as she opened the text

Joey: Never got that answer if you would join us tonight, if so let me know, I'll pick you up on my way there. Dress nice but not to fancy okay?

She thought about it for a moment, maybe it would be more fun than being here all-alone in this big house and what could go wrong? Maybe she could find out what AJ had been trying to tell her that night. She texted him back,

Cam: Sure! Let me know when you'll be here. Can't wait!

She tried to figure out a time he would be here by. She had found her black trousers, white shirt, black blazer, blue scarf and her black boots. As she finished dressing, she slowly moved down stairs to wait for Joey to pick her up. She sat down in the couch and started to look around, then she spotted 'A Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy' still on the table, she grabbed and started reading. After what only felt like seconds there was a knock on the door, she closed the book, got up and started walking towards the door. She looked one last time in the mirror. Took a deep breath then opened the door. A smile spread across Joey's face as he said, "your ride awaits malady" she grabbed her coat, keys and closed the door behind her. They walked arm in arm towards the car. As she got into the car she noticed a two beautiful happy people in love. A boy who looked like a masculine puppy and a girl with a smile so perfect Camilla was sure it could light up any room she would enter. Before starting the car Joey pointed at the love birds in the back seat as he said, "Cam this is Darren and Mia, guys this is Camilla but she goes by Cam" as he said the last part he winked towards Cam and she felt how her heart skipped a few beats. On the short ride to the party no one really said much, at least that's what Camilla thought. All she could think of was that conversation that probably awaited her when she saw AJ.

It was not until they've reached the front door and Joey placed a hand on her shoulder she realized that they had been talking to her all along, "oh I'm sorry what?" Camilla mumbled as she looked over at Joey, "oh I was just saying and this is..." he opened the door as he continued "the StarKid manor. Well at least the old one. But don't mentioned it to Nick, he's touchy on that subject" Camilla nodded as they all 4 walked in. as they entered the room all eyes suddenly were on them, everyone in the room almost immediately screamed "DARREN!" at once, except from this one girl with a short brownish hair came flying trough the air toward Cam as she said "oh my God Castiel what are you doing here? Is everything okay?" at first Camilla wasn't sure why this girl was calling her Castiel but then Camilla remembered what she had actually decided upon wearing, in her deepest voice she said, "I'm looking for Sam and Dean have you seen them?" the girl in front of her started to laugh as she said, "oh that's good, I'm Tessa" she put her hand out, Camilla took and shook it as she said "nice to meet you, I'm Cam" the two girls started to talk about everything and quickly realized how much they had in common.

Later Camilla had started to hope she wouldn't run into AJ since he was nowhere to be seen. Just as she started to relax letting go of the fear, in through the front door with a big smile on his face and a big box of donuts, he walks in. he quickly send everyone a short hi before walking in her direction. She got up leaving the room in hopes he wouldn't follow. She ends up on the front porch alone looking up at the stars. Shortly after the silence is interrupted by AJ sitting down next to her as he said, "so how are you doing?" she turns to look at him, but as she looks into his brown eyes, she once more feel the pain in her heart. She takes a deep breath before she says, "okay I guess" as she looks away AJ takes her hand in his, not letting it go he moves a bit closer to her as he says, "look I know you probably don't wanna hear this, I mean last time I tried telling you this you just hang up on me..." "Because you were drunk and because one of us had already made a fool of them selves that night" Camilla cut him off. With his other hand he carefully turned her head so their eyes once more met. She could see the stars from the sky reflect in his eyes as he said, "I know you think you made a fool of yourself but you didn't. Look Cam what I'm trying to say is, first off I'm sorry for that night after Twisted I really am. Secondly I see why you think I like you too with all the coffee dates and trips and..." "wait did you call it dates?" Camilla cut him off, still not moving he sent her a big smile as he continued "and I see why you got hurt when Devon showed up, I had planned a evening for you and me, she shouldn't have been back until the day after. Look Cam you're one of the most amazing people I've ever met okay? I guess what I'm trying to say is, I do like you too I really do"