Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Cam could hear the distant voices of what she guessed was Joey yelling at AJ. 'How did my life turn into this?' she thought to herself as she closed her eyes and wished for someone or something to come and take her away from it all. Suddenly it felt like all her prayers had been answered as she felt a hand grab her arm and pull her up and away. It wasn't until Cam felt the fresh air hitting her face she dared to open her eyes to see the person who had answered her prayers. As she started opening her eyes and she saw the light of the city come through something came up and forced her to close her eyes again as an unfamiliar yet kind of familiar voice whispered to her, "no not yet" she felt how she was yet again pulled along. Once more she tried opening her eyes only to discover it was all pitch black. Faint voices around her appeared but vanished as fast they had appeared.

After what Cam felt like had been hours her saviour came to a halt. The blindfold was removed and as Cams eyes adjusted to the light she looked into a face she knew she had seen before, "hey there kiddo, got a surprise for you" "but but how? When? What? How?" Cam mumbled confused and as she looked around she noticed the two of them standing in front of a restaurant she knew all too well. Petterino's. She felt how a set of tears started to roll down her cheeks as she remembered the now broken promises of her last visit to this place. As they stepped inside she instantly saw a face she knew, the face of the only person she wanted to talk to. Andrew. "Thanks for your help Nic I'll see you tomorrow" Andrew said as they reached his table, Nic sent them a smile and then disappeared. "How?" Cam asked again still very confused, "the other day when we spoke you seemed like you needed someone to talk to, so since we finished shooting early I made plans to drop by since I knew my parents had decided upon a weeks vacation instead of a weekend as planed" Andre answered before taking a bit of his food "but Nic, here, I..." Cam started but was cut off by Andrew, "oh yeah I asked Nic to keep an out for you he called me earlier and told me about your little breakdown and I told him I was here and to bring you along. Now go on and tell me what happened" still a bit confused she started her story "well you remember the mystery box and the flowers?" Andrew nodded and Cam continued "well this morning I was sitting looking at the flowers and remembered how Joey always told me he wanted to show me Chicago. So I texted him. We end up going to the sky tower and we had an really great time until we walked past AJ and Devon making out. Everything just crashed because the other day he told me things, promised me things. Then Joey went to go yell at him. The rest is history" she felt the tears building up again. For a few minutes they sat there without a word. Then Cam felt a hand on top of her own, she looked up and saw a warm smile on Andrews face as he said "wow I see your pain. How do you feel about the whole thing?" She started to drying up her tears as she lifted her shoulders and let them fall down again, "well my advice to you would be before doing anything else come to terms with your feelings towards these two guys before doing anything else" 'he's right' she thought to herself as she noticed how Andrew paid and got up, "now come on let's go back home and forget about all this huh?" A small smile spread on Cam's face as she nodded and they left the restaurant together.

That night when she went to bed her head spun with what felt like hundreds miles an hour as she thought about happening around her. She knew she was ready to give up everything for AJ but he hadn't given her anything but heartbreak so far. Joey on the other hand always knew just what to say or do to make her feel better he always seems to be at the right place at the right time, like her knight in shiny armour.