That Fucking Alex Guy

It's now past midnight and the bar seems to be dying down a bit and a new crowd of sloppy drunks is slowly making their way in which means it's time for us to go.

"Let's go grab a bite to eat." I say and the other two girls agree following me to the exit.

We're almost out but a curly haired boy stops us just before we can step outside and wraps us all in a big group hug. I can't even tell who it is.

"My girls! I haven't you in so long, my girls!" I recognize the voice to be Albert and I smile pulling away.

"Albert!" We all say in time and he points both fingers to himself with a big grin on his face.

"That's me!!" He chuckles.

I'm pretty sure Albert is so totally oblivious to everything that happened between everyone and I feel bad for the guy. I notice the other four walking up to us and I feel nervous goosebumps form on my arms as I catch Julian's eye.

"Sorry about that, he's pretty drunk." Nikolai laughs and Holly shakes her head in dismissal laughing as well.

"Hey we were just about to go get pizza! You guys should come!" Albert exclaims throwing his hands up in the air excitedly and the boys go white in the face.

"Oh Albie they don't wanna come with u-" Nick try's to say but Jesse cuts him off.

"Nonsense, we'd love to." She hasn't taken her eyes off Nikolai since they joined us at the exit and I know exactly what she's thinking.

"Great! Let's get pizzaaaaa." Albert slurs as he stumbles nearly falling over. Nick swoops in to catch him before he hits the ground.

We stand there silently watching each other for a moment before Holly speaks up, "Alright let's go get some pizza!"

We all follow her out of the bar and into the street and she starts walking down the sidewalk. "There's a place not to far from here that has good pizza."

Holly seems to know all the best places to eat in New York. You could almost say it's her talent, her schtick. As Bette Midler says, you gotta have a gimmick. I guess you could say that's hers.

Everyone is awkwardly walking on their own except for Jesse and Nikolai who are trailing far behind talking and laughing as if they've known each other all their life. Holly must notice the tension too because she then to decides to start walking with Fab and not long after, they're walking and talking as if they never stopped.

I want to start a conversation with Nick considering I'd never really talked to him but he seems preoccupied with Albert so I choose not to bother him. That just leaves Julian and I'm not sure I can handle talking to him right now so I settle on walking on my own, as does he.

Julian has slowly drifted to my side and even though we haven't said a word to each other it still feels like we're catching up just from being so close and I start to wonder if he knew about Alex and I before tonight.

I mean he must've! Alex is a big deal in this city, so I've heard anyway, and I have noticed myself on a few local papers and magazines. Flashy headlines saying things like New Yorks New IT Couple and Billionaire Boy Finds Hot Summer Romance.

It's kind of annoying to see myself on papers being portrayed as just Alex's New Girl but I can't even imagine how frustrating that would be for Julian, if he did miss me the way he said.

We're not far from the pizzeria now and I feel like if I'm going to say something to Julian it has to be now but as hard as I try to speak, nothing comes out. So we just continue to walk in silence until we arrive at the brightly lit restaurant. Holly walks in first and starts making her way to the counter to order, the rest of us having a seat in the biggest booth we can find.