Lets Start Simple

Reese's POV:

After Julian's little outburst everything just got awkward and all conversation went dead. Nobody wanted to disrupt the peace and everyone else in the restaurant was still looking at us and whispering.

"Well let's get out of here." Fab says hopping up from his seat and everyone agrees following suit.

"Where are we gonna go though?" Jesse says clearly not wanting to leave Nikolai's side just yet.

"We could go to our place but uh Julian.." Nick says awkwardly and he doesn't even have to finish for everyone to get exactly what he means.

"Well let's go to our place then!" I say and Holly gives me a surprised look.

"Are you sure?" Fab says looking to Holly and she nods smiling as he wraps his arm around her.

I glance over to Nick and see he's watching Holly and Fabrizio cuddling into to each other with a look of disgust and sadness in his eyes. Poor guy.

"Okay great, let's go then." I say and we all head outside to hail a cab.

When we step out I can't help but find myself wishing Julian was out here waiting to join us but of course, he's long gone. Nikolai manages to catch a taxi for us and we all pile into the big yellow cab practically sitting on top of each other, but no one seems to mind. I end up sitting next to Nick, so close I'm almost on top of him. He's still watching Holly and Fab and I feel bad for him, I would hate watching Julian be all lovey with another girl.

"Hey," I say softly placing a hand on his shoulder and he looks to me trying his best to cover up his sad expression. "You'll find someone."

He gives me a sad smile but doesn't say anything and my heart breaks for him.

I take my hand away and lean my head against his shoulder sighing. "I guess both of us are just going to have to be with the ones we love in our minds tonight."

He stays silent for a moment before responding, "Who's going to be in your mind? Julian or Alex?"

I'm taken aback by this and I get a weird feeling in my stomach, my answer should be obvious but somehow to me it's not.

"I honestly don't know." I say and Nick wraps his arm around my back comfortingly, whispering in close to my ear.

"That's what I figured." He says.

This is really nice, it's not like Nick and I were ever close or anything but it feels like we get each other. He's such a good guy and I hope he finds a girl that loves him the way he would love her.

We finally arrive at our building and everyone jumps out running inside not nearly as loud or energetic as we were when we were getting in the cab. Once we make it upstairs to our apartment everyone kicks off their shoes and heads to the living room and collapses on the couch in exhaustion.

"Wanna watch a movie or something?" Jesse asks and everyone just nods too tired to really care.

She pops in some movie about bees and Albert skips off to the kitchen to make popcorn, Holly following close behind to keep him out of trouble.

Jesse and Nikolai are cuddling on the love seat completely ignoring the movie and just focusing on each other but I can't quite make out what they're saying. Fab is waiting on the couch for Holly and Albert to join him in the spots they called dibs on before running to the kitchen. Nick is sprawled out on the floor looking through some magazine he found. I on the other hand am sitting in the lazy boy all by myself, very intently watching this movie.

I don't get it though, they are talking bees who are flying around with tiny leather jackets and the main bee is dating a human girl. Weird right?

"Uh me and Nikolai are gonna go to my room.." Jesse says popping up from the love seat and Nikolai awkwardly does the same going red in the cheeks.

They run down the hall and I laugh but next thing I know Holly and Fabrizio are up and running down the hall to Holly's room too.

"Looks like it's just us three." Nick says sitting up from his place on the floor and I laugh looking over at the snoring Albert.

"More like us two." I say.

Nick chuckles and stands up, "What to do now?" He takes Nikolai and Jesse's previous spot on the love seat and I shrug looking around in attempts to find something.

"Hey I have an idea!" I grin jumping up quickly and running to my room shouting, "I'll be right back."

I re-enter the living room, guitar in hand, and sit next to Nick.

"I got this as a present from Alex after I told him how I always wished I could play, but I never really had time to learn how to use it. At least not well." My cheeks go pink as Nick takes the guitar and grazes his fingers over it admiringly.

"It's a nice guitar." He looks up at me and smiles, "Would you like me to teach you a few chords?"

I nod excitedly and he laughs, "Alright let's start simple."

Julian's POV:

I have been following Mimi for almost twenty minutes now and my legs are getting tired, I guess this is how Reese felt that night I took her back to my place. Just walking next to her was enough to take me twenty miles let alone twenty blocks.

"Almost there, it's just up here." Mimi says ducking into an alley way and pulling down an old looking, rusted ladder.

She starts climbing up and motions for me to follow but I just stand there blankly, unsure of whether or not I'm brave enough for this.

"Oh don't be such a pussy." She laughs kicking my shoulder with her foot as she towers above me on the ladder.

"Fine." I say grabbing onto the rusty poles and pulling myself up.

I almost slip a few times but eventually make it to the top and as soon as I do I loose my breath at the sight before me. Mimi gives me a huge grin and I look at her with a puzzled expression, "What?"

She shrugs and I nudge her arm, annoyed she won't share her thoughts.

"Nothing, it's just you're the first person I've taken up here. Your reaction was exactly what I was hoping for." She grins shyly.

I crack a smile and follow her towards the edge where we lean against the rail and admire the busy streets of New York below us. We just stare out for a while not saying anything and I feel a rush of adrenaline pump through me. I get this crazy urge to kiss the beautiful brunette beside me and I act on it quickly, before I can loose my confidence.

I crash my lips onto hers passionately and I expect her to kiss back but she reacts totally differently than how I had hoped.

She pushes me off and laughs. Laughs.

She's not angry or embarrassed but amused, was it that bad of a kiss? She notices my slightly hurt expression and places her hand on my arm comfortingly still chuckling.

"Oh Julian I'm sorry I just-" she stops for a moment to get out the rest of her giggles and then continues, "Julian I'm uh, I'm into girls."

I feel my cheeks go beet red and I look to the ground feeling more embarrassed than I ever have.

"Don't be embarrassed I should have told you earlier I just didn't think.. Well you were so in love with that other girl." Mimi isn't laughing anymore and her voice is sympathetic.

"No Mimi, it's not your fault I was just being stupid, I don't know what I was thinking." I look up and she smiles.

"You're a great guy you know, and any straight girl would be lucky to have you." She comforts and I feel like a joke.

I laugh punching her shoulder and she pretends to be wounded causing me to laugh harder. Man, she sure does know how to make a guy feel better. Her phone lets out a loud buzz interrupting us and she curses under her breath.

"Look man I'm sorry but I gotta run, I'm late for my shift at work." She says frantically and I check my watch confused.

"But it's like two AM?" I stutter.

She laughs and starts running towards the ladder, "This is the city that never sleeps my friend."

I laugh and just like that she's gone. Before I can even get her number or anything.