Chapter 3

"Vonnie I'm gonna miss you. Do facetime me everyday okay?" Valerie asked as she cry.

"i'm gonna miss you Vonnie, Valerie and I will sure pay a visit when we are in school break." Violet said.

Veronica smiled as she nods her head to her bestfriends. She then enter the car and wave to her friends.

While driving to airport, Mr Charles start talking to Veronica.

"I had settle school for you so you will be having your 11 grade at Texas. I will bank in your pocket money every weekend and if you need extra, you can always ask me. Oh and you can call me anytime if you wanted to talk to me. I'm always free for you Vonnie." said Mr Charles.

"Papa, why must I be sent? I promise I won't make you in trouble anymore."

"It's not for me, it's for you. You are still young Vonnie and I know young people make mistakes but seriously? What makes you in love with that drug addict guy? He's 23 and you're 16 Vonnie! I'm very busy here. I can't keep an eye on you every time and I'm very sure that you are behaving like this because you are bored here. Atleast there, you will be living with a complete family so it will keep you busy enough to not make any trouble. I love you Vonnie and I always want the best for you so please don't hate me." Mr Charles said sincerely.

"Papa, I will never hate you. After mom's death, you work so hard for me. But I still dont agree that you're sending me so far. Whatever just whatever atleast you didn't put me for adoption." Veronica said as she rolled her eyes.

"Actually I was thinking-"

"PAPA!" Veronica widened her eyes.

Time Skip

Veronica has reached the Holder's farmhouse and ngl it's not bad at all. Well it is small compared to Veronica's huge house but the farmhouse is in decent sized. So it's a modern farmhouse. It gives Veronica a big relieved because atleast she doesn't need to sleep in a ugly house.

"Hello! You must be Veronica right? Come in!" Mrs Holder welcomed Veronica warmly.

"Hi Mrs Holder. Hmm where's Mr Holder?" Veronica smiled awkwardly.

"Oh he will be back soon. How are you? Omg you looked more beautiful now. It's been 8 years since we last saw you and your father." Mrs Holder said happily.

"Yeah, it's been great Mrs Holder."

"You sure must be hungry dear. Come let's have some tea and cake. I made pistachio cake with Vanilla cream cheese. It's still your fav right?"

"Thank you so much Mrs Holder. You still remember it." Veronica said happily.

"Hey mom! Who's this?" A girl that is the age of Veronica came in. She has brown hair and a pair of beautiful green eyes.

"Felicia you're back! This is Veronica Charles and Veronica, that's Felicia my second child."

"Hey Veronica I remember you now. We are in the same age. Feels good to have someone who is the same age as me in this house. I will catch you later okay?"

"I have two more children to introduce you but you probably already know them. Alice will be back with her father soon while Lucas, I dont even know whether he will be home tonight. Anyway how's the cake dear?"

"It's delicious Mrs Holder." Veronica said and as she was eating, her mind was all about Lucas. Something had happened when they last met 8 years ago. She hopes that he has forgotten it because it's so embarrassing to even think about it right now.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The Holder's modern farmhouse

*Out of topic, I prefer living in a rural town that are surrounded with nature such as trees and has less cars than living in a big city

*Out of topic, I prefer living in a rural town that are surrounded with nature such as trees and has less cars than living in a big city. Right now I'm living in a city and boy it's noisy af. Hope in future I can live in a rural town :))

*Thank you guys so much for reading. Please vote to keep me motivated to update. I'm really excited to write this book but if there's not much votes I will be so down. If you guys have any suggestions to improve my writing or anything else, you all can always comment and I will try my very best to improve it. All love❤