Plans

Plans

Why did they have to drag her out of bed? Toph had been content with the idea of sleeping her entire weekend away after putting up with lecture after lecture, not to mention that Aang had participated in two more track meets. On the bright side, she and Aang had spent plenty of time together thanks to that. His coach had actually welcomed her back to attending practice after Aang revealed the secret to his performance at the first meet of the week. Toph had never been content just sitting on the sidelines though, and Aang was not surprised when she started barking orders right next to the coach. She had in essence become the coach's assistant, and you wouldn't think it but ordering a bunch of kids in hot pants around can be very tiring.

After such a long week, Toph was exhausted. Yet here she was, out with Sokka and Katara at Burger Place because Kuzon just had to show them in. Didn't they know that weekends were made for being lazy and sleeping in? And they dragged her out in the snow for crying out loud!

"How can you drink that?" Toph asked as Katara slurped her chocolate milkshake. "I'm freezing just listening to that!"

"You know, she's never gotten a cold," Sokka said.

"Enough about me," Katara waved dismissively. "How are things going with you and Aang?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you've been dating for a week now!" Katara squeaked excitedly. "How are things going?"

"Good, I guess," Toph shrugged. "Nothing's changed all that much."

"So what has changed?" Katara prodded.

"Why do you have to be so nosy, Katara?" Sokka asked.

"I am not nosy!" Katara huffed.

"Yes, you are! You're always asking people about stuff you have no business knowing."

"Well, he's picked up some annoying habits," Toph explained while ignoring the siblings' argument.

"Like what?"

"He pulls my chair out for me for one," Toph answered. "And he takes care of my food tray at lunch almost everyday now."

"Is that a bad thing?" Sokka asked. "If I didn't do that for Suki, I'd get hit."

"Maybe it's not bad for Suki, but I can take care of myself," Toph said. "I know he's just doing it to be nice though, so I haven't hit him yet."

Katara laughed at the situation. Aang was being so cute about the whole thing, and he probably didn't even realize it.

"What about you and Zuko?" Toph grinned, turning the tables on her friend. "How are you two doing?"

"Oh, please no," Sokka moaned as his head hit the table. "I don't need to hear this."

"Hear what?" Katara growled, smacking Sokka's head. "There's nothing to talk about."

"You've gotta be kidding me!" Toph nearly yelled. "You two haven't done anything yet?"

"Don't encourage that!" Sokka ordered.

"What do you have against Zuko anyway?" Katara asked.

"Nothing," Sokka admitted. "I just don't want him dating my little sister. There are better guys out there for you."

"Like who for instance?"

"Aang."

Sokka's face contorted slightly and his eyes began to water.

"Sokka?" Katara asked as her brother slumped over in his seat. "Sokka are you all right?"

"Toph, I'm very grateful that you don't wear shoes indoors," Sokka said as he rubbed his shin.