22 | hammer of the gods [part one]

5.19: HAMMER OF THE GODS

19: HAMMER OF THE GODS

+MUNCIE, INDIANA

Kendall rushes into the Elysian Fields hotel ahead of Sam and Dean, holding her jacket over her head to prevent her hair from getting wet. When they're fully inside, Kendall releases a deep breath and shakes the water from her jacket onto the floor as she looks around the fancy surroundings. "Well, shit. Good thing you didn't take that left turn at Albuquerque, Dean," she remarks.

"You're telling me." His eyes scan the lobby as lounge music softly plays on the overhead speaker. "Nice digs for once."

As Dean approaches the front desk to sign in with an attendant named Chet, Kendall turns to Sam, who still has his eyes trained on the storm outside. "Something bothering you, babe," Kendall questions, sliding her jacket back on.

"There's something about this storm that's not right." He turns his gaze to her, shaking his head lightly. "I'm trying to put my finger on it."

Kendall gives the storm another glimpse. Living close to the coast, she's seen some wildly unpleasant rain in her years. This just about ranks up there with them.

Still, they're in a heavenly hotel after a really long drive and all Kendall wants to do is order room service and cuddle up with her boyfriend underneath some expensive sheets

Still, they're in a heavenly hotel after a really long drive and all Kendall wants to do is order room service and cuddle up with her boyfriend underneath some expensive sheets. She wraps her arms around his waist. "I'm sure we can figure that out tomorrow morning."

"Yeah, but—"

"Sam," Kendall interrupts, pulling him closer and staring up at him through her eyelashes. She lowers her voice so that the attendant doesn't hear any Apocalypse talk. "I know you want to put a stop to the Devil and find Cas and Adam. And you know I'm right there with you. But you're barely sleeping as is, and I absolutely hate it. So, let's take this night off and get back to putting in work tomorrow, okay?"

Sam sighs, but finally gives a reluctant nod. "Okay." He offers her a small smile, reaching up to brush Kendall's hair behind her ears, then moving in to kiss her. "But if this is our night off, you and I both know that I'm not planning to get much sleep tonight either."