Not a Game

Author's Note:

Comments are appreciated ;)

****

June 3: Friday (Tuesday) Night SmackDown TV taping - Cincinnati, OH; US Bank Arena

1 hour before show time........

PUNK POV-

This morning was full of revelation. I proved I've come to terms for what is the hardest decision of my life. Paige is who I want to love. My heart feels light when I think about her. I get ridiculously happy knowing she's happy too.

Hopefully, I can share this elation because I'm about to be hers, and hers only.

Then, my heart becomes heavy when I switch thoughts to AJ. It's like a killswitch that brings out dread and worry.

It shouldn't be that way in a new marriage.

Was it like this all along? I guess it took a person like Paige to change everything. It goes to show there is no such person as the one in this world of 7 billion and counting. The next step won't be easy either. There is no way I can avoid telling AJ.

But I have to.

The thoughts brush away as I concentrate on the SmackDown taping here in Cincinnati.

After our little "bonding" moment, Paige and I chose to separate ourselves, just only for the day being. I'd see her again tonight, during the show, and most certainly after.

I wonder how she's tolerating it.

If I was here, I wouldn't know whether to drop and forget it all or stay. I'm glad she chose to stay.

So then we're here, the WWE family has rolled out the production for the WWE Universe for yet another spectacle in Ohio, my home state. I'm set for a match against Dean Ambrose, propping up a win for a future chance at the United States Championship, versus Sheamus.

The stroll out to the main backstage area opens up a network of various conversations with colleague Divas and Superstars.

As I pass them, they all somehow throw a greeting gesture.

Everyone's ready in their wrestling gear and authentic WWE t-shirts from the Shop.

A quick glance down a hallway, I see the back of one of my merchandise shirts. It's a white short sleeve tank top. The black words "Best Since Day One" are wrinkled as the fabric fits loose, and are also covered by strands of black hair.

I make my way over to this girl and let my chest bump into her back.

Emma, who's speaking a few feet across from her, stops talking and stares up at me with a grin. Paige hesitantly turns her head around. Once she realizes it's me, her arms automatically go for an embrace around my neck,

"Punk!"

I let out a laugh and support her body.

"Nice shirt, kid." I'm currently wearing the same one so we're twinning in this case.

We part and her face shines of glee, then looks down, "Oh, yeah well I figured why not?"

"Yeah, it looks great on you." Her in my shirt is probably one of the hottest things I've seen.

"You know what looks even better?" I ask.

"What?" She eyed me.

Making sure I'm close enough for only her to hear, I whisper into an ear, "You with it off."