Remember Not To Smile

Author's Note:

HEY GUYS! Two updates in one dayyyyyy ?!! Whattttt !?

****

Thanks for reading and don't forget to review!
-
Tuesday, June 17: WWE Friday Night SmackDown taping - Columbus, OH; Nationwide Arena

(Show in progress)

PUNK POV-

Barrett and Paige are currently in the ring.

He's on the mic talking about how and Paige have joined forces to become WWE's new power couple. Blah, blah, blah, the rest of it, I wasn't really listening. I'm too focused on what I have to say as I'm waiting behind the curtain with my gray 'Best In The World' WWE logo t-shirt, and a microphone in one hand.

My music is supposed to interrupt them right before they kiss and I walk out for a promo.

Look in my eyes, what do you see? The Cult of Personality. I know your anger, I know your dreams, I've been everything you wanna be! Oh! I'm The Cult of Personality!

I burst through the curtain and remain on stage. A mixed reaction of cheers and jeers, mostly cheers, come from my homestate crowd. The spotlight hits me, then the music fades out.

"Well I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you Barrett! These Columbus fans are getting bored of you blabbing your mouth!"

The smug look is wiped off of his face.

"You have no right to come out here during my time, Punk! These people don't want to see you!"

"Maybe they don't, but I know for certain they don't wanna see you. What the WWE Universe wants is action. What the Universe needs is a new champion. So Barrett, what do ya say?" I smirk a little.

"You're out of your right mind if you think I'm defending my Intercontinental Championship in front of this loser town in this loser state." The boos resonate throughout the arena.

I guess he's playing the heel while I'm the face now.

He continues, "How about this, Punk? How about you face an opponent of my choosing then if you win, you get to declare yourself the number one contender for this!" Bad News holds up the title, but my eyes are solely on Paige next to him, just like she's concentrated on me.

"Alright, just so you can shut up and leave the ring so these fans don't end up leaving the arena, I accept." Another roar of cheers.

With that, my entrance theme hits again as the segment closes.

The lights go dark as the titantron shows a RAW Rebound, signaling the three of us that we're finished for now. I go back to the backstage area and wait for Paige.

The segment went well, short and to the point.

They both come through the black. Barrett throws a sour look my way then walks right past me. Paige follows behind him, all smiles to see me.

"It was so hard to keep a straight face, babe." She grabs my hand and we make our way to a set table with a few metal chairs around it. I sit on top of it while the chair serves support for my feet.

I laugh, "Well your part isn't over tonight. Remember not to smile later."

During the end of the match with whoever Barrett picks (it's Mark Henry), Paige is supposed to come out and distract me. At one point, she gets up on the apron.

While I tell her to get down, Henry turns me around and picks me up for World's Strongest Slam. I counter, then get him for my Go To Sleep.

After that, I hit him with Anaconda Vice for the clean win.

"I'll try, but I get excited when I watch you do your thing. You're so good." Paige stands in front.

"Thanks, babe. Have fun in your match too." She's versus Naomi tonight, which I'm looking forward to watch.

"Wait for me after?"

"Of course."

Paige leans in for a kiss.

"Woah there, again?! Get a room!" Ziggler pops up again smiling, and heading to Gorilla.

"Shut up, Ziggler! I hope you lose!" I jokingly yell his way. Then I plant a kiss on Paige's lips to spite him.

We laugh.

So far, the storyline is proving to be an opportunity to have some fun instead of dread. We're figuring out ways to have all three of us involved before the big title win and couple switch in a few months.

At least Barrett isn't uptight with new ideas, I'll give him that.

Maybe it won't be that bad after all.

(Post match)

PAIGE POV-

Walking through the curtain for the second time tonight, my match with Naomi was awesome.

We showed the entire WWE Universe just a small peek at what we can really do. She won, giving her attention as a potential contender for my Divas Championship. She may be one of the Total Divas, but she's one of the most athletic females in the division.

And just like he said he would, Phil is waiting in the same spot as earlier. He starts a slow clap with his pursed lips, "Great job out there, babe. I'm proud of you."

I hang my title from my arm so I'm able to give him a half hug. I also get a kiss on the head.

"So Creative just dropped some news my way..." The way he says this, it's like he's about to announce a death. I'm trying to figure out what they said before Phil tells me.

"They told me to tell you that next Monday, you're gonna face Brie Bella. Then after you win the match, you'll beat her down until the referees stop you so you can fully turn heel."

"Oh my god, Phil, you made it sound like I was getting fired or something. That's it?"

He laughs, "Yeah. Yay, Bella beat down! Sounds fun, right?"

I join his humorous tone, "I can't wait!" Honestly, I wish it was Nikki, but Brie will have to do.

(During the CM Punk/Mark Henry match)

I've been glued to the monitor in Gorilla since the opening bell. Phil and Mark Henry have been battling it out, and Phil is getting the usual 'smaller man' treatment. The duration of the match has been him being thrown around like a rag doll by the World's Strongest Man.

My cue is coming in a matter of seconds. I wait, then they give me the go ahead.

Emerging from the back, I jog down the ramp to the outside of the ring. The fans' voices get drown out when it all mixes in my ears. The spotlight turns on and flashes above me.

Phil's attention directs itself in my way. I say nothing as he repeatedly asks, "What are you doing out here?"

Then I hop onto the apron and hold onto the ropes. I'm clenching my teeth together to keep me from smiling, with a failed attempt at seeming angry.

All of a sudden, Henry turns him around for his finishing slam but he gets out of it, he hits him with punches, kicks, and blows. Mark falls to the mat and Phil taunts the big man from behind, setting up for the Go To Sleep as planned.

When he finishes his GTS, he quickly locks him into the Anaconda Vice, which he quickly taps to.

When referee Charles Robinson tells then to ring the bell, I jump down and begin retreating up the ramp.

Punk's entrance theme plays and he celebrates his victory.

I see him point to me and smile, shaking his head. Still "angry", I have no idea what my face looks like staring at him and I sincerely hope I don't end up on television.

My man won and the last thing I am is upset about that.