April

Author's Note:

Punk confronts AJ! Will it be for the last time?...

****

Thursday, June 12: Chicago IL - Brook's Home

(Afternoon)

PUNK POV-

Straight from the LAX airport, I rode a taxi to get to my own house. It's getting real in each ticking second. As I pay the driver and then exit the car, I'm mentally preparing. Unlike a match on Raw or SmackDown, this takes a toll to the heart rather than the body.

In my opinion, I'd rather tear a muscle than tear an emotion.

Here I go...

I grab the handle to find the front door unlocked.

Stop being a chicken Punk. It gets worse than entering your own house.

Listening to my own advice, I burst through like nothing. The walls are eerily quiet. Each breath is stalled and gets harder to release.

"April? I'm here like you wanted, where are you?"

C'mon, just show your face already. Let's get this over with.

It's not that I'm angry at her, I'm irritated at this anticipation. I hate this feeling of knowing something bad is going to happen but I'm left in paranoia.

I walk towards the kitchen and the room is lit by natural sunlight. April is sitting at the dinner table, drinking a cup of coffee. Her expression is blank, because she's staring off. She shakes her head then looks at me. No make up or anything, it seems like she hasn't been caring as of late.

Wouldn't blame her.

Between us, the tension can be cut with a knife. It's silence for a heavy minute. "You came all the way back just to talk it out? I didn't expect this from you." She says first.

I take the seat across from her, "Yeah well, I've hurt you already, wouldn't wanna treat you even worse."

"...So is this the end of us, Phil? Are we done?" Her tone is so incredibly sad, it's like she knew it was over in that night we fought. The empathy begins to stem inside.

She continues, "Because I don't want to go around pretending we're still together and have myself act like a person that I hate. I'm not dependent on anybody."

I've always known April to be this strong woman that doesn't take any shit, that's what attracted me to her in the first place. That's her very core because her life has revolved in making sure she was okay first.

A part of me is glad of the fact because it makes it a little easier to let go. But I still question some things.

"Ape, what was that talk of you missing me? Did you mean any of it?"

"Of course I meant it, but I had time to think since then, when you were probably having sex with your new girlfriend," She stands up from the table and puts the mug into the sink.

"Phil, you destroyed all the months of trust in one night. I was hurt when you told me, but at least you told me."

"I'm sorry for hurting you."

"Don't say sorry. Let me tell you that I'm sorry for wasting seven months of my life with you. I'm sorry for not being enough. And I'm sorry for having you regret putting a ring on my finger." She takes off the silver wedding band and slams it on the counter, then waits for a reply.

I'm stunned silent at her words, there's no response that could detain or console her feelings.

There's really nothing I can say.