NXT

Author's Note:

It's 1 AM almost 2.What am I doing up you say? I honestly have no idea.. pero who cares ??

Enjoy!!

****

Thursday, June 12: NXT Taping - Orlando, Florida - Full Sail University

(5:30pm)

PAIGE POV-

I'm currently backstage, in the locker room area at a place where it's my first home, NXT.

Here, it doesn't feel like I'm swimming with sharks. I'm welcomed, no one even mentions the drama in my life, because nobody here is like that.

They're here for the opportunity of proving themselves through wrestling and that's where it's the most fun. Emma, Summer, Bayley, and all of the other NXT Divas are here for tonight's show.

I'm getting pumped as I make my way towards the group of girls I can actually be cool with.

Even though any gossip of my new relationship won't be brought up, I still wonder what they think because there's no doubting they've heard the news already.

"Paige!" Summer comes up to me with open arms for a hug and I return it.

"Hey Summer, I've missed you!" She seems like this evil blonde bitch on Total Divas, but that's not how she is behind the camera at all. She's actually one of my best friends on the road.

Not traveling with her to the next city or the closest gym every week was strange so I'm glad she's back.

"I've missed you too. So much changed in E, hasn't it?" (As in Entertainment, in WWE).

"What's this I hear about you and Punk being a thing, by the way?"

"In what sense?" I laugh awkwardly.

"New storyline, girl! You're gonna turn heel?"

"Oh...yeah. Yes I am! It's going to be awesome."

"I can't wait to see that!" I'm guessing she doesn't know about Phil and I actually being together.

"Especially when you two are now, ya know, getting it in." She winks and nudges my arm.

I think I spoke too soon.

My cheeks get heated.

I try to laugh it away again, "It gets really sexy."

"I bet. He seems really nice. I mean he made most of the other divas backstage fall for him, including his fans!" She laughed.

"I don't blame you for getting reeled in, Paige."

"He really is the best."

"Well congrats on finding some love, girl. Finally!"

"Thanks," I laugh once again, not knowing how to respond to that.

Our talk on personal life stops there as we get joined by Emma, Bayley, and the BFFs.

We prepare for the 6 Diva tag match that's scheduled on the card. Tag matches are fun when you're out there with good people so this is going to be a fest. The crowd should be filing in the arena now as the place builds up in adrenaline. Every person part of the NXT roster and crew is getting hyped (excluding Mojo Rawley, apparently he STAYS HYPED).

Thursday nights are when the next generation shines.

(Post match/Post show)

I head back to the locker room with the girls.

What a fun match!

It wasn't the cleanest looking segment in the world, but that didn't matter when all of us were enjoying ourselves. My team won when there was a malfunction with the BFFs and Summer, to push the story forward. We celebrate in the air conditioned room, cheers and all.

Another great night for NXT and its respective Universe.

I sit my damp body down in a metal chair and dig through my backpack. Hitting the Home button on my iPhone, I'm expecting a screenful of notifications. One I really want to see is Punk's name. My phone lights up and I was right, a bunch of messages, even one from him.

"Hey babe...bad news, pun intended. I can't make it back, I guess I'll see you Saturday in Ontario :("

My upbeat mood quickly sinks at reading the text.

Damnit, what the hell?

Suddenly, my disappointment flashes into a building rage.

What could've happened to make him not fly back?

Did AJ force him to stay?

He swore he'd return to me...

To break my swirling thoughts, a knock is heard at the door.

Fortunately, we're all still clothed and decent.

I notice Summer open it for us. The girls are all paying attention to see what's on the other side of the wall.

A man's voice peaks in, "Paige, there's someone here to see you."

With strong hesitation and curiosity, I leave my spot and follow the voice through the door. Exiting the room, I'm not sure what to consider. People don't normally go through the trouble of getting backstage access at NXT for me. I shut the room closed, then search the open hall around for the mystery guest. It's probably my mum or another family member.

Then, I see him.

There's Phil with his hands in his pockets, looking exactly how I sent him off this morning. His eyes accompanied with a wide smile under the white light pierce through me like nothing I've ever experienced.

My heart leaps to the moon that instant I realize he's here. The control in my jittery legs run to him.

My arms wrap around his neck to make sure this isn't all make believe. Such a wonderful surprise.

"Hey babe," He whispers in my ear. He smells so fresh and clean, so new (unlike myself).

"You're a dick for sending that text!" I should have known he was joking. I let go of the embrace to see his face.

"Well thanks for the love!" He laughs, "I would never break my promise. I made it back just in time for your match. You looked great out there."

"Yay, so you didn't miss it!" I smile, and wonder where he could have been in the audience to watch me.

"I'm glad I didn't."

"Wait, so how was Chicago?"

"I'll tell you everything back at your place. But stand still, you have something on your lip."

Before I have a chance to even think about what he said, his lips come into contact with mine. My insides tingle out of shock, giving me another rush of adrenaline like I had during tonight's match.

His kiss is filled with more volume than usual. Things must have went well for him in Chicago.

In the next second, hollers and hoots from behind reach my ears. I break the kiss to turn to the NXT Divas outside the locker room, crowding around and clapping. I blush a blood red, I just know it.

Being surrounded by people who love rather than despise me is a welcome change. I'm made the center of attention, embarrassed, giddy, overwhelmed and I quite honestly wouldn't trade it for anything.

****

Author's Note:

A lil bit of jealousy in Paige. (; Haha, hope you enjoyed!

I'm SUPER excited for all of you to read the next chapters, more things in store for this awesome couple!