Power Couple

June 9: Monday Night RAW - Minneapolis, MN: Target Center

(Show in progress)

PUNK POV-

It seems as though Creative is making their rounds this week. Paige had just told me that her storylines are changing, now I'm being called up for the same reason. Right in the middle of the Paige and Brie Bella match too.

Really?

I enter the small room designated for meetings and see David, the head writer for Raw, ready for my arrival. We make small talk as I take a seat near him.

"Alright Punk, we're gonna be twisting the direction of your character this summer."

"How so?"

"Well keeping it brief with your personal life, we know about this relationship between you and Paige..."

Where is this headed?

"Creative notices the chemistry you two have, and think that it'd be a great opportunity for the both of you to try a challenge."

"Dave, please get to the point here. I just really wanna know why Paige is involved." I'm getting antsy, partly because I already see what he's going to propose.

"You and Paige are gonna be the next on screen couple."

Whoop, there it is...

"Really? So what's the plan?" I ask.

"First, Paige is gonna be working with Wade Barrett as a type of UK tandem. You are gonna be next in line for an Intercontinental Championship match. As weeks pass, you and Barrett are set to make each other lose matches. Paige is gonna start off completely hating your guts, but what the Universe won't see is that she's actually helping you. At Money in the Bank, she's going to cost Barrett at grabbing the briefcase by an altercation in the ladder match. That will start their downfall. Then at Battleground in July, when she's at ringside for you and Barrett's title match, she's going to be the reason why you win the title that night."

The thought of becoming Intercontinental Champion again is an honor. Having another credible rivalry with a guy like Wade Barrett adds another layer to the cake. But having my girl in the same program is the cherry on top.

I'm kind excited.

"That sounds awesome. When is this gonna take off?"

Dave replies, "In the next couple weeks. We're trying to work with Paige because of her storyline with the Bellas. The plan is to keep Paige's role completely separate from the other, so it doesn't interfere with the Divas Division."

"So Paige is gonna turn heel or...?"

"Yes. Similar to how Ziggler and AJ came to be, you two will be the, you can say, Power Couple of the WWE."

I gulped at the mentioning of April, but shrugged it off soon after.

The past is in the past.

The present is the present.

"Alright Dave, I'm digging this, a lot."

"We'll keep you posted on everything, Punk. Glad you like this idea."

"Thanks. And I'm excited, it's gonna a lot of fun."

"Punk, one more thing.." He said slyly.

"Yeah?"

"Guess who's gonna get the divas title back?" He raised a brow.

"What?! Yes! She'll be so excited!! Thanks Dave!"