Brewing Storms

Enjoy!

PAIGE POV-

Upon entering, I find the usual group of Divas busy with themselves and attending to whatever they need to. Good, at least that means I'm less susceptible to talk behind my back. The only live feed monitor is hanging on the wall in the corner.

I'm not surprised when I see the Bellas sitting promptly to watch the next match. I go over and stand next to Brie, who's comfortable in a folding chair.

Even when I'm fixated on the television, the energy of their stares burn. Phil makes his entrance to the ring first. It's weird just seeing then watching him when I know he's only a short distance away. I smile at the way he purses his lips so arrogantly.

One of the Bellas give an obvious scoff, I try to ignore them. Then, Bad News Barrett comes out. His "bad news" for the WWE Universe is that 'the amount of hurricanes in the South and scorching heat in the West won't compare to the devastation that he's going to inflict on Phil tonight.

Whatever that means.

I lose my grin.

"Hey Brie, I think Barrett has a crush on Paige. He had his arm around her earlier." Nikki says out loud, obviously wanting me to hear.

I stay on the match.

"So, is that another guy she's trying to get with?" That remark from Brie completely catches me off guard. I would have never expected that from her.

I instinctively turn my head. A blanket of rage has covered me.

"Really?" I ask with disdain.

They look up towards me like they're innocent.

"Do you girls have anything better to do, rather than talk shit behind my back?" It's too late to take this back as my heart begins to race in anger.

"Oh I guess you've caught on, Paige. Sorry, it's a habit." Nikki answers and smiles, battering eyelashes while she's at it.

So full of shit.

"Clearly it is a habit. But you should really stop ruining people's days with all the shit in your mouth. You two are full of it." I frown and turn away.

I was trying my hardest to be the bigger person and brush it off but they are just cocky and annoying. I just wanna rip their stupid heads off.

But with that already said, I turn and rush out of the negative energy pit that is currently the Divas locker room.

Once out of the door, the heavy feeling seems to lift. I breathe out in distress. I move further away from the room.

Down the hall, Emma is coming in my direction.

"Hey! Long time, no see best friend." She perks up.

I've got to admit, I do miss our classic adventures. I just miss my Aussie friend in general.

"Emma! Finally, a face I don't wanna smash. Thank god, I need someone to talk to."

We go somewhere away from any ears that might listen and I catch her up with what has happened in the past week. I didn't realize that there was actually a lot, hidden with me, to spill on the table. I annoyed myself after talking so much but I couldn't shut up before telling Emma everything. At least now, the burden doesn't weigh as much to carry.

"Wow Raya, I don't know how to respond to any of what you just told me."

"I just needed to get it off my chest, is all."

"Well, I'm not gonna judge you. It's crazy how you've ended up with a man now."

"I know. It's moving so fast and slow at the same time."

"I'd take Phil's advice too, just avoid the drama as much as possible. All you really need is to be around the people you actually like more, y'know."

"Aw Emma, you miss me don't you?"

"Of course I do!"

I open and reach my arms for a much needed tight hug. I'm so relieved I still have a friend through this. It makes it easier knowing someone has your back.

(Post show)

PUNK POV-

The crew is now packing up the SmackDown show. Another successful night with little to no problems (of course, excluding the Paige and Barrett situation).

My match went well and at one point, I gave Bad News a few stiff punches just for Paige. If he's as tough as he says he is, then I expect him to shrug it off like a man.

So I sit in my rental car alone, ready to leave the arena for the hotel. Paige told me she's going to spend time with Emma for the rest of the night. I completely understand that "girl bonding" is important. The plan is for the both of us to fly back to Florida in the morning, where she lives, and have our few days off there. I'm excited.

(30 minutes later)

I unlock the hotel room door and enter the darkness. Tuesday tapings are my favorite because that means I get some sleep afterwards. Settling in, I schedule and book a ticket for the morning's flight on my phone. All of a sudden, it rings signaling a text message.

It's April.

"Phil I only want to know if we can ever work this out. Do you still love her? Do you still love me? How much does she mean to you? Because we had 7 months. You know I still love you..."

She continues the message, describing her feelings towards the entire situation and how she's been coping alone, back in Chicago.

Tears begin to form under my eyes. I try to hold them back but the pressure is overwhelming.

April still loves me after I deceived her. That's true love something I'm having trouble in finding.

It's a long message, so long that it breaks into 2 separate texts. She couldn't have said this over a call, it'd be difficult to. That scar on my heart just got reopened.

She's hurt.

And of course I still care for April, I love her, I do.

But I'm not in love with her. I'm no longer that person that would yearn to be by her side anymore.

What I am supposed to do?

I can't just text back an extended response, this has to be fixed face to face.

With that, I book another flight to Illinois on my phone...

****

Author's Note:

Oooh what do you think's gonna happen next? ;) Btw do you guys like my new profile pic?

It's so cute! At least I think it is lmao.