Bad News

Happy Tuesday!
-
Tuesday, June 10: WWE Friday Night SmackDown taping - Green Bay, WI; Resch Center

(1 hour before show time)

PUNK POV-

Sitting in the middle of the locker room, I'm stretching and making sure my body isn't tense.

I'm mentally preparing myself for the show tonight. I have a match against Bad News Barrett, it all works out like this, I pull a surprise roll up pin victory versus the champion and partner it with a promo with Renee backstage saying how I'm coming for the Intercontinental Championship.

This is going to be the first of the build up towards Battleground. I'm not sure, but I heard that Paige has her own segment before our match. Something with Barrett about representing the UK. I hope she'll be okay with working with him. But most importantly, Wade better forget everything he said about us. It's only business, let's keep it that way. Or else, I'll knock the personal right out of his mouth.

The door opens and Nick walks in, in full Ziggler gear. He makes his way over. I take the headphones out from my ears.

"Hey man, how've you been?" He asks.

I stand to meet him face to face.

It's good to know that the confrontation with April hasn't been exploited around.

"Been better, but I'll take what I have."

"So... you and Ape. You and Paige. I mean, I don't wanna poke at any personal buttons but-"

"It's fine, Nick. But with April..." I shake my head as a signal.

His face picks up the gesture, "Oh. Sorry to hear that, Phil. And how'd Paige take it?"

"She was there. She helped me get through it." (I mean, she is there.)

"You guys for real? Like, together?"

I nod.

"Wow man, I thought this was just a secret fling. I had no idea you actually felt something for her, enough to break your marriage."

"You're just laying it on thick, man, aren't you?"

I chuckle at his straightforwardness, "There's something there no one sees. It's not like I regret being with Paige."

"Hey, it's completely you Phil. I'm nobody to judge. If I knew what you felt like, I'm sure I'd say the same. I just wanna make sure you're good. You are one of my best friends after all," he pats my shoulder.

"Thanks, Ziggler. And I'm okay, awesome actually. I told you I knew what I was doing. Things are looking up so that's where I'm looking too."

We leave the topic at that and continue to talk about the show aspect. Now that he's heard it from the source, I'm glad I have another person to trust with this information.

PAIGE POV-

I stand in the middle of a hall, with a camera crew in front of me. They're ready to film the backstage segment with Barrett and I. For it, I'm supposed to be walking to the ring for my match then Bad News comes over and starts his promo. One of the guys gives me a signal and I begin trudging across the concrete floor.

I look past the camera in concentration. Barrett pops up to my left as I stop in my tracks.

He's in Bad News persona, "Paige! Just the girl I've been wanting to meet. I'm afraid, this time, I've got some good news. You see, the UK is steadily taking over the WWE. Me with my Intercontinental Championship and you with the Divas title. Good news, we're going to be the biggest names in this company very soon! Good luck in your match tonight." He adjusts the title on his waist accordingly.